Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Catty Shack
12,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 125# limbs on my Scorpyd Ventilator. Can I assume that the holding weight on the latch is 125# or close to that? I would think that total would include whatever is transmitted thru the cam rotation as well. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
I have 125# limbs on my Scorpyd Ventilator. Can I assume that the holding weight on the latch is 125# or close to that? I would think that total would include whatever is transmitted thru the cam rotation as well. Thanks.
like a compound bow I would think it is much lower due to the let off from the cam,
you can feel where the full 125 lbs would be when you manually cock the bow...it is not at the end of the draw...
norm

·
Registered
17,864 Posts
like a compound bow I would think it is much lower due to the let off from the cam,
you can feel where the full 125 lbs would be when you manually cock the bow...it is not at the end of the draw...
norm
I'm amazed at how far from the catch I can feel the cams break over cranking on my Storm.

If I remember, how much let off is how close to the axle the cables get. Closer = more. I'd guess mine to be more like my 50% compound than my 80%s.

·
Catty Shack
12,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My Dagger cams roll over nicely. I don't think my Ventilator or Recruit drop off a bit. On the Vent, with squarish outside corners on the latch and the 11 degree string angle is the reason the serving separates when cocked - imo.

·
today's macguyver
5,682 Posts
If you are talking a Scorpyd 125 it would have 160 ish # deflection limbs .
My vent 150 has 182 # deflection limbs .
The 135 extreme has 160 # deflection limbs .
A 160 extreme has 180 # deflection limbs .
The 175 extreme has 200 # deflection limbs .
As far as what percent of poundage the latch is holding a draw scale will have to tell you that .
I would think it is a little less due to let off .

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
My Dagger cams roll over nicely. I don't think my Ventilator or Recruit drop off a bit. On the Vent, with squarish outside corners on the latch and the 11 degree string angle is the reason the serving separates when cocked - imo.
I definitely notice it...esp if you cock the vent very slowly...
I dont own the extreme models so can not comment on those.
norm

1 - 7 of 7 Posts