Archery Talk Forum banner

question about decoy ear and tail positions

685 2
well i just got a new bucky jr. decoy and it came with an instructional dvd that gave a lot of good tips, except about anything relating to the ear and tail positions. there are two different ear positions, one forward and one slightly back, i believe they are considered alert and aggressive positions. which is which? and which one is suggested at which time? and the tail can be put anywhere between straight up and straight down. which tail position means what? and which should be used at what time?

i am new to the decoy game this year so any input is very welcome. thanks.

quags
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
4,071 Posts
well i just got a new bucky jr. decoy and it came with an instructional dvd that gave a lot of good tips, except about anything relating to the ear and tail positions. there are two different ear positions, one forward and one slightly back, i believe they are considered alert and aggressive positions. which is which? and which one is suggested at which time? and the tail can be put anywhere between straight up and straight down. which tail position means what? and which should be used at what time?

i am new to the decoy game this year so any input is very welcome. thanks.

quags
I'm pretty certain that ears pinned back = an angry buck (ready to fight). Ears up is on alert. I really dont know about the tail though. I am intersted in knowing myself.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.