Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at picking up a fade red supertec. The draw length is 28". I have heard that the draw length tends to run long on the spirals. In other words a 28" draw might actually be 28-1/2'' to 28-3/4. Does anyone know if this is true. I shoot 29" and I'm wondering if with my release and a string loop, I just might get there without having to buy cams. Thanks.

·
Banned
1,519 Posts
I have never measured the bow but to me the spirals felt right on. I might regret getting rid of them too:confused:

Every other bow I have shot this year at 28 felt too long except for a conquest 2 with a mini max if felt just right.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
I have an ultratec with XT3000 limbs and spirals set up for 29", and it feels just a bit long. On the other hand, my Razortec with the C.5 at 29" is right on.

·
Registered
34,164 Posts
My Pro Tec with spirals feels dead on. It might be off but if it is it isn't off by much. It is definetly not 1/2 or more long. Not even 1/4". It's just about right.

·
Registered
748 Posts
spiral cam

my super-tec is 29 1/2 and it is right on to me just like everything else ive had at the same length mine is great wish i could afford another one just for comp. id get the same bow but a flag pattern good luck mike

·
Registered
7,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the responses.

I went ahead and got the supertec. You guys are right, the draw was right on. Even with a generous loop it feels short. I'll probably have to go with some 29"ers. What about the speed you guys are getting out of these? I just grabbed a random arrow laying around and tuned the bow. The arrow weighs 375gr. At 28" I'm guessing I'm not getting much. It'll work for the indoor leagues, but I'll have to make some changes for the 3d season.

·
Banned
1,519 Posts
Q2, you will get at least 300 fps out of that bow at 5grn per.

I shot my UT spiral cam 1/2 at 57lbs and 5gr per and it shot 302fps at 28".

A friend of mine is shooting 320fps out of his supertec but his dl is 29"

·
Registered
748 Posts
super-tec speed

ive shot mine thru a chrono and at 29.5 draw , tru-peep , d-loop , leeches on string at 71 # 361 grain arrow -320fps
it is amazingly accurate too

·
Registered
34,164 Posts
Grndzr Nino had a Super Tec. Man that bow is fast as SH$$. He shot it throught the crono at 28" with a 350 grain arrow at 70 lbs.
320Fps. Thats smokin.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts