Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the moderators may think that this post is in the wrong forum, but I think that it is a good discussion to have in a classifieds section. I just want to get as many people's thoughts on this as possible.

Here it is:
Under what grounds or circumstances should you leave someone negative feedback?

Please give me your thoughts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
nobody has any input/opinion?

·
Registered
9,276 Posts
The only way I would give a negative feedback is If you bought an item and never received it in 15 days since the seller got his money. no matter what his excuse.

I think the feedback system is in place to help the next buyer or seller make a informed decision to buy or sell the item from an individual. If your not honest with the feedback you leave, it doesn't help the feedback system.

If the item was not how the buyer or seller described, I might give him a negative/neutral if he wouldn't take it back for a full refund.

If a buyer/seller backs out of the deal after saying they wanted to buy or sell the item, I would give them a neutral.

I've yet to give anyone a neutral/negative feedback, I'm sure I'll have to someday.

That's what I would do.

·
10,219 Posts
I know the moderators may think that this post is in the wrong forum, but I think that it is a good discussion to have in a classifieds section. I just want to get as many people's thoughts on this as possible.

Here it is:
Under what grounds or circumstances should you leave someone negative feedback?

Please give me your thoughts
You are Correct with your Assumption...:wink: This is a Classifieds Forum,not a Discussion Forum... I will have to Move your Thread to the General Discussion Forum being That is the Proper Forum for it...;) And if you have a Problem or need some type of Input to Leaving Feedback in Regards to Your Imparticular Situation Feel Free to PM myself,AdvanTimberLou or someonescop and we will do our Best to to help you out...:darkbeer: J.R.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here's the Story

So here's my situation:

I agree to buy a bow Monday night and pay with paypal immediately. The seller agrees to send the bow out Tuesday. Tuesday I ask him if it was sent out, he replies, "yes, my wife sent it out on her lunch hour for me." I then ask for a tracking number, he replies, "I'll get it for you when she gets home from work tonight." Wednesday comes, no tracking number sent to me yet. I ask for it again, no response. Thursday comes, I ask again for a tracking number and he replies, "I forgot to get it from my wife, you should have the bow Saturday at the latest, maybe even Friday. I'll get you the tracking number as soon as she gets home." So Friday comes, no tracking number yet. I ask for it again!!!! He says to me, "I just sent the bow out about 30 minutes ago, and the gives me the tracking number."

Are these lies and slow shipping worth giving someone negative feedback?

·
10,219 Posts
So here's my situation:

I agree to buy a bow Monday night and pay with paypal immediately. The seller agrees to send the bow out Tuesday. Tuesday I ask him if it was sent out, he replies, "yes, my wife sent it out on her lunch hour for me." I then ask for a tracking number, he replies, "I'll get it for you when she gets home from work tonight." Wednesday comes, no tracking number sent to me yet. I ask for it again, no response. Thursday comes, I ask again for a tracking number and he replies, "I forgot to get it from my wife, you should have the bow Saturday at the latest, maybe even Friday. I'll get you the tracking number as soon as she gets home." So Friday comes, no tracking number yet. I ask for it again!!!! He says to me, "I just sent the bow out about 30 minutes ago, and the gives me the tracking number."

Are these lies and slow shipping worth giving someone negative feedback?
IMHO,I would not do Anything Until I recieve the Item that I paid for...:wink:
Then I would Proceed in the Manner that Best Describes your Experience with that Particular Seller or Trader... But in Regards to Your Situation If I re`cvd the Bow in it`s As Stated Condition, a Neutral Feedback with an Explanation I feel would be in order,even though there are Negatives to your Deal,that`s why I said to Include a Detailed Explanation with your Neutral so Other ATers will be Aware of how he Handled his Deal with you...;) But that`s if there isn`t anymore Negative Variables added to the equation of Your Deal...That`s my Personal Opinion on Your Particular Situation,keep me Posted on the Progress on your Deal...:wink: J.R.

·
Registered
35 Posts
My opinion

I am assuming the bow arrives as described. If not none of this applies.
I would say neutral at worst. If you agreed on standard shipping and he now bucks up for overnight - so you receive your bow in the agreed upon time frame - I would have to go with positive. No matter what level of feedback I would include the shipping issues in the comments; if he overnights it that should be included as well. Overall I see a negative feedback as someone to be extremely cautious about purchasing from. Late shipping and lying to the purchaser do not really follow the archers helping archers philosophy, but also not a reason to destroy their ability to sell on this forum. Again this is just my opinion and I am sure it sucks being in your shoes now, and having to wait through the weekend for your new bow.

·
Registered
771 Posts
maybe?

Maybe the guy you bought it from is hurting for money really bad and didnt have the money to send it till friday and was embarassed to tell you? I dont know im just reaching for an explanation I guess as to why it would take so long.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Great opinions guys. I guess I was sooooo frustrated about not having the bow yesterday, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't over thinking it. I understand that negative feedback really hurts a person, and I don't want to have to do that if I don't have to. An apology would sure help, but I haven't heard one yet. I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
10,111 Posts
that's wise

That is very wise of you to ask first.

·
Registered
753 Posts
You are a patient man

I had a similar thing happen to me last Spring right here. The seller was out of touch for 7 days after receiving my money & shipping info via Paypal. I finally threatened to submit a complaint with Paypal and he not only started answering his email and phone, he ended up sending me a BT release and dozen 30X pros for my suffering. As it turned out, his sister was having difficulty with some medical issues and he was understandably distracted.

While I ended up being happy with the purchase, the purchase experience caused me high anxiety. Communication is EVERYTHING! Lying don't get it. If ya can't get it done as you say, then don't say it!!!:angry:

·
Administrator
65,518 Posts
We normally allow 10 days for items to be received by both the buyer and seller.. as long as it's within this time frame, I'd perhaps give a neutral and explain, but not worse than that, assuming it does arrive as planned. ;)

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Finally received the bow today. It seems to be in the condition that was stated. I guess their is no need for negative feedback, but I feel I shouldn't give him positive either.

Question:
If you personally see a neutral feedback on someones record, do you hesitate from buying or selling from them?

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
sometimes leaving no feedback for a person is the better option if a person is not totally happy.every situation is different.ask yourself this, did you still get the bow in a reasonable time frame and was the item in the condition described.if so is it really worth it to leave neutral or negative feedback.sometimes things happen and maybe someday it might be you.would you want negative feedback or even neutral? i agree that he may have lied to you about when the bow was shipped and he should just man up and apologize to you,but in the end he did fulfill his part of the deal. hope this helps you.good luck.

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Question:
If you personally see a neutral feedback on someones record, do you hesitate from buying or selling from them?
Probably but it varies. If they had a lot of positive and i recognized them as a regular member then i wouldnt heisitate if they had one negative.

If more than one then i would heisitate. Problem is with one you never really know the whole story.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts