Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Im new to fletching my own arrows and would like some advice. I have all i need jig,vanes glue. The question i Have is i used the spray method to crest my arrows (look great) and im gonna be using Fletch tite glue for my vanes. How do i need to prepare my vanes(do i need to wipe them with anything before applying the glue and attaching to the arrow?), (how long do i need to wait?) things like that. or what glue do you suggest. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I'm not sure Fletch Tite will work with a spray painted arrow. Bohning products are formulated to work together. If you use one Bohning product, you usually have to use all Bohning products(i.e. glue,paint,vanes) What kind of vane are you going to use? I've done the same thing as you, with spray paint, but I used Duravanes and Goat Tuff glue and they turned out really good and you couldn't pull the vanes off if you tried.

·
In 'Da Head
24,266 Posts
Bohning doesn't recommend doing anything to their vanes prior to fletching.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
I spray paint crest and use goat tuff with duravanes as well. 6 months into this experiment and no problems. I posted a picture on the Homemade thread.
It is both fun and rewarding to do your own, good luck.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ttt

1 - 5 of 5 Posts