Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up 5 Muddy's and have been playing around with them. Just curious how you guys get up the tree without having to go back down for each one. What type of system do you use to keep them quite and accessible...fyi I am a saddle style hunter but anyone that uses them effectively is welcome to offer an opinion.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I put the first two on while standing on the ground and throw the other two on my saddle. I have two loops of paracord tied on either side of the saddle. I loop the paracord over the brackets. If you need another one, you could tie one off the back or carry it up with you.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
I used them with the saddle last year too. I put 2 on from the ground. The other 3 were placed in the saddle.

What I did was partially open a step so it looked like an ice-pick. Your step will be upside down. From there I hooked it into one of the many loops on the saddle. Worked pretty well.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I have 6 muddy sticks and here is what i have done. I went to home depot and bought metal rings and dipped them in plastidip (also found at the home depot). I did this to deaden any noise made from the metal. Once dry, i took some paracord and tied one end on the plastic coated ring and the other end on one of the loops of the tree saddle ( length depends on you). Since i have 6 sticks, i bought four rings and tied them to the tree saddle loops at approx 3, 5, 7, and 9'clock positions. Once i have my two sticks on the tree i pull some cord thru the ring, insert the stick, and then let the stick hang from the paracord/ring. as i climb the tree i can take a stick off as i need it. I thought they would clang around some but i havent had any problem with that. The solution weighs next to nothing except when all sticks are attached. Works for me but i am also open to other suggestions.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts