Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when drawing my bow back, just before it rolls over at the end of the draw cycle it makes a (click or pop ) but it doesn't make it all the time? I have been checking my limbs all the time since this noise started and haven't seen any cracks. Any suggestions would be great thanks. Tim

·
Registered
25,262 Posts
i had that with my ally and it turned out to be a crack in the cam.look closely i could barely see mine

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
when i got mine it made acreaking noise only when it was cold the dealer told me the tolerances are so tight on the pockets that its normal and went away after a couple hundred shots

·
Registered
830 Posts
when drawing my bow back, just before it rolls over at the end of the draw cycle it makes a (click or pop ) but it doesn't make it all the time? I have been checking my limbs all the time since this noise started and haven't seen any cracks. Any suggestions would be great thanks. Tim
I don't know about a pop, but it was typical fot the spacer between the two limbs to make a clicking noise when drawing. If that's the case, some have taken the limbs off, oiled the pockets and they were fine. Some have just put a dab of lubricating oil between the limbs and the space thing. But if it's more than a little clicking noise, I don't know what to sa, thanks.

·
Registered
492 Posts
My has popped 2 or 3 times since I got it. It does it when I pull back fast.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info

Thanks guys i with check out all of these things.

·
Live with passion
7,328 Posts
Make sure your cable rod is good and tight. My shop had an X Force that was doing the same thing at the end of the draw cycle. They pulled it apart, lubed everything even replaced a few things and it still did it. They called PSE and they could not figure it out either. I grabbed the bow and played with it for awhile and noticed that near the end of the draw cycle is when the most pressure is on the cable rod. I actually saw it move the very slightest amount. I loosened the rod and twisted it a little and tightened it down again. From then on it was dead silent.

·
Shooter of flesh
7,661 Posts
This is funny, I'm shooting my buddies AM and it creaks sometimes. He told me that when my bow comes in, that he's going to strip his down and take the paint off of the limbs where it contacts the limb pockets. I've done the same thing on my road bicycle seat... sanded the paint off to make the connection metal to metal and it solved the problem.

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
I presume you just got it. The first dozen or so times I pulled my AM32 back, it did the same thing. I'm sure that number varies a little from bow to bow, but it'll disappear. :wink:

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
finally got the noise figured out on my am 32, with the help of the best archery duo in North Dakota (at wholesale sports). Turns out it was the drawstop peg on the bottom cam was missing the cable due to cam lean.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts