Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put a QAD LD on My bow today and paper tuned it, perfect bullet hole on first shot and put a G5 meta peep on. Went out back to shoot my targets and I was hitting perfect center but about 3-4" low. I ended up having to move my sight assembly down to the lowest possible setting. My pins are 30,40,50,60 and 70. After shooting and adjusting I am now hitting center out to 70 yds and grouping very good at that (4" circle out to 70 yds). Why did I have to move my sights like that?

I had a trophy taker pronghorn on it before and my sights were pretty much centered on the assembly and I was using a peep that requires a rubber tube. I was shooting about the same with that setup out to 70 yds.

So why the major change like that? Any imput would be appreciated

·
Premium Member
10,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I used one that required a rubber tube

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
You may have the peep a little high. Also check the rest and nock point height just to be sure.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
You may have gotten the peep a little higher than before, that would do it for sure. Wouldn't take much for 3 inches.

·
Premium Member
10,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, yeah I moved the peep up because that is where I needed it to be to clearly see my sight window. I moved it up about 1.5" or so but its right where I can see my sights perfectly. Should I move the sights back to center then move the peep accordingly?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts