Archery Talk Forum banner

Question about my string?

426 Views 5 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  BULLDOG25
Hi! I have a Darton Vapor that has small round rubber coated things on the end of the string. I'm not sure what they do. The rubber has a chip in one of them. I was wondering if someone could tell me if it's something that needs to be fixed now. Archery season opens on Saturday so of course I'm cocerned about it. I'm attaching a picture for you to look at it. Also I had it at my archery shop this summer and they said the string looks good however I just noticed this this morning. Thanks alot!

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,485 Posts
Where can I read more about speed nocks? I've never heard of them before until reading AT. I assume they increase speed, that's obvious just by reading comments here, but why? How do they work?

· Registered
382 Posts
Speed nocks

Use the search function. Basically your going to put nocking points within a few inches of the cams. You need a chronograph to measure the FPS. Every bow and individual setup are going to require the nocks in different postions to achieve the best speed. Your going to have to play with it a little bit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.