Archery Talk Forum banner

Question about Search???

525 Views 13 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  J-Daddy
Mods....I apologize if this is in the wrong place.

Is there a trick to making the search function work? Half of the time I use it, there are no results??? For instance, I just typed in G5 and got nothing? What is up? There is tons of information in old threads that is often very useful if it were readily available. Anybody have any suggestions on how to get better results with the current search function?
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· aka "5 Spot"
9,767 Posts
Mods....I apologize if this is in the wrong place.

Is there a trick to making the search function work? Half of the time I use it, there are no results??? For instance, I just typed in G5 and got nothing? What is up? There is tons of information in old threads that is often very useful if it were readily available. Anybody have any suggestions on how to get better results with the current search function?
If I'm not mistaken, there is a "secret" length for search values which must be something greater than 2 (G5). :shade:

· Registered
34,533 Posts
You have been here this long and haven't figured out the key to the search engine yet? :doh:

Use the Advanced Search function :wink:

· Registered
34,533 Posts
Correct.. minimum of three, works a lot better with 4 or more.. just add sight after G5, QAD, HHA, etc... ;)
Or type in what your actually looking for....

If you are looking for info on G5 Broadheads....type in the name of the head not G5.

Why get info on sights and peeps if you are looking for broadheads :noidea:

· Registered
12,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You have been here this long and haven't figured out the key to the search engine yet? :doh:

Correct.. minimum of three, works a lot better with 4 or more.. just add sight after G5, QAD, HHA, etc... ;)
Or type in what your actually looking for....

If you are looking for info on G5 Broadheads....type in the name of the head not G5.

Why get info on sights and peeps if you are looking for broadheads :noidea:
"G5 XR2" meets most(G5 XR2 sight yields a bunch of stuff about other sights. There were 2 threads about G5 on the first 3 pages and not the one I was looking for) of the above criteria yet yields nothing on my end. So.....all this and the thread I am looking for is now on the front page of the Bowhunting forum due to another member posting it in this thread? I will admit though when I type the exact title name into the search field, it finds it.....:set1_thinking:

· Registered
7,943 Posts
I agree - the search isn't working properly.
I have a katera listed in the classifieds but when I search for it - I can't find my own ad!
It is still there but invisible to the search engine - any ideas why?

· Fat Jesus
29,133 Posts

Brown Hornet, give bowfreak a break, he's from KY he cant help it...:shade:
He's had to much moonshine over the years, they use to give to him in his baby bottle when he was just a little freak.:darkbeer:

· Registered
12,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Brown Hornet, give bowfreak a break, he's from KY he cant help it...:shade:
He's had to much moonshine over the years, they use to give to him in his baby bottle when he was just a little freak.:darkbeer:

Funny thing is.....I got a little Apple Pie 'shine in my fridge I just so happened to be sippin' on the other night.:set1_draught2:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.