Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have an HHA Optimizer Kingpin Lite, and for a while I had it set up so that the wheel wouldn't turn past 80 (should go to 100), and I wanted to have the full range of motion, so I adjusted the housing, moved it up, re-sighted in, and now the wheel has the full range, but if I move it past 80 yards, there's going to be contact with the vanes. Is there a sweet spot I'm not seeing, or based on the speed of my bow is that just something I'll have to live with? Shooting about 260 fps, for reference. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
There’s a couple of ways to get more distance/sight clearance, but sounds to me that’s all you have with that setup the way it is.

1. Shoot a faster arrow/bow setup (I do for long range shoots) but only January to may. After that it’s back to hunting.
2. Can bring sight housing in closer to riser. Won’t help a lot but will get you some more clearance. Then have to worry about aligning peep to housing or centering pin in peep. Can lead to long range inconsistencies.
3. Raise your peep height. Requires changing your form and might lose another point of reference in being able to put nose on string. Gets more distance but can also create inconsistencies.
4. Could shoot lower profile vanes.

Those are the main ones off the top I can think of for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17,682 Posts
What is your DL. Bow wt, arrow wt, length, size, & length of peep to top of arrow??

·
Snafu
1,419 Posts
I recently revamped my for after struggling for a while. I eventually got things setup fairly well. I setup the peep a little bit high. It was working OK but I felt that my anchor was not as consistent and I could not figure out exactly why. Then I realized that my anchor point was not firm on my face. So I lowered the peep (a couple of times in small amounts) and immediately I noticed that I was much more comfortable and my anchor is much more consistent.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
19,794 Posts
Most of the time when this happens it's either from a slow bow, not all bows are going to have that much range though 80 yards isn't super far, or it's from the person having too high of an anchor point. Chances are that's you issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts