Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So for the past three years i have used rage broadheads and have no complaints about them...but after hearing so many horror stories im considering a new head and im leaning towards slick trick mags.I shoot full metal jackets 340 with 2in blazers out of a mathews dxt...My question is will the mags fly the same as my field points?I have no doubt in the heads ability i just love how the rage heads fly exactly like field tips and thats a huge reason why i use them..Ne help would b greatly appreciated

·
Registered
386 Posts
Mine fly the exact same as my FT...

·
Registered
910 Posts
They fly good for me out to 50 at 60 they are off a tad and 70 the are on a mission! They hit with my fp perfect out to 50 and for the life of me i cant figure out why thats there max? It has to just be drag from the surface area of the blade?

·
Romans 10 vs 9
11,116 Posts
Mine shoot 2" left at 30 yards from my field points, I just move my scope over 2 marks "HHA SLIDER" and the tricks shoot like darts out to 60 yrds.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I hunt with both - slick trick mags for fixed blades and rage 2 blades for mechanicals. Total cutting surface area is actually larger with 4 blade ST mags than 2 blade Rage. However, Rages leave an undeniable massive blood trail! I feeel that the ST mags do produce a great deal of internal hemorraging or bleeding (blood trails just do not seem as massive as with the Rage 2 blade). My ST mags fly as same as fieldpoints, but I pretty much limit my shots to within 50 yards. ST mags are by far my favorite fixed BH (just my $.02 worth).

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys for the info...my only concern is the blazers...part of the reason i switched to rage was because i felt my blazers wernt able to stabalize my old thunderheads...I couldnt shoot a consistent group at all with that combo..So do ne of you shoot blazers with ur slick tricks?

·
1 Corinthians 16:14
615 Posts
i have blazers and don't have any issues with flight. I'm sure you already know that any bow that is tuned can shoot just about any broadhead.

·
Registered
17,257 Posts
You wont have any problem with the Blazers and Slick Trick Mags, I was shoting mine out to 45 yards this weekend hitting the same spot as my field tips.

·
74,535 Posts
MIne group well. I hit what I aim at. Never in my life have cared if my broadheads hit where a field point hits.

100 grn mags have killed ever thing in the last two years I have shot at.

Yotes, squirrels, turkey and many many deer. Waht more can I ask for.
DB

·
Registered
10,738 Posts
Mine were not hitting the same as my field points. At 30 yds they are about 2 inches apart. I kept trying to tune it out of them but the ST's were grouping so well I just said to hell with it.

I mean they were shearing blazers off at 40yds all day long. It took me a little while to just quite trying to set them up same as my FPs and just sight the damn thing in.

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
I use mags with fusions and they stabilize my arrow extremely well...they hit within 1/2 inch so I don't bother touching anything. Great BH...

·
Registered
913 Posts
MIne group well. I hit what I aim at. Never in my life have cared if my broadheads hit where a field point hits.

100 grn mags have killed ever thing in the last two years I have shot at.

Yotes, squirrels, turkey and many many deer. Waht more can I ask for.
DB
Just a couple of questions for ya DB. I would assume that if your broadheads are not hitting same spot as field points then you must be sighted in for bh only. Do you practice with bh only? I only ask because my mags ,or any broadhead for that matter, tear up my target alot quiker than field points. This is one reason that I want my bh hitting same point as my fp.
Also if your broadheads are not hitting with your fieldpoints isnt your bow out of tune? It may only be slightly off but I thought that in order to get the most out of your bow it should be tuned as well as possible. I have read alot of your post and respect your opinoin, so Im just asking. By the way my mags are hitting very close to my field points out to 50 yards. I havent tried beyond that.

·
74,535 Posts
Just a couple of questions for ya DB. I would assume that if your broadheads are not hitting same spot as field points then you must be sighted in for bh only. Do you practice with bh only? I only ask because my mags ,or any broadhead for that matter, tear up my target alot quiker than field points. This is one reason that I want my bh hitting same point as my fp.
Also if your broadheads are not hitting with your fieldpoints isnt your bow out of tune? It may only be slightly off but I thought that in order to get the most out of your bow it should be tuned as well as possible. I have read alot of your post and respect your opinoin, so Im just asking. By the way my mags are hitting very close to my field points out to 50 yards. I havent tried beyond that.
Tricks hit pretty close to my field points, but I dont feel the need to tune my bow to hit where field points hit. I certianly could take the time to do it.

Yes I practice with broadheads. I shoot into old 3d targets and tearing them up is not a big deal. Tricks are not the best head I ever shot for accuracy. They are the head that make a massive hole and blood trail. Everthing dropped within 70yrds.

Im very confident that anything 50 yrds and under Im capable. But 40 and under I feel highly confident. Bottom line if your shooting decent groups your doing something right.
DB

1 - 13 of 13 Posts