Archery Talk Forum banner

Question about the Legacy

588 Views 4 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  EASTON94
Does any know hao far you can back the limbs out on the Legacy and still be good to shoot with. It is 60-70# limbs and I am trying ti get it down to 57# can I do it and be safe about it?
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Enhanced Mutant
6,135 Posts
You can likely get it down there safely. Turn the limbs out three full turns and see what you have got. The only thing is bows are more effecient with the limbs burried. You would get more speed from a 60lb model closer to burried than a seventy backed way down for sure. You may pick up some noise backing them way down. There might be some other issues too. You may be able to trade someone for a set of 60lb limbs on this site and it would be a better overall setup.

· Registered
11,771 Posts
no, i think that they do not recommend going below 10 lbs off the max. think it might even be a warranty issue. if anyone knows for sure please confirm or correct my response. i personally would not shoot it like that. easton94

· Registered
621 Posts
The owners Manuall says do not exceed 5 full turns you can go to mathews website and ask them though also you could back it off 3 turns to acheive 60lbs and put a couple of twists in the string would more than likeley bring it to 57, but as stated the bow will shoot its best at peak weight.

· Registered
11,771 Posts
yeah i guess i could have confirmed that my self with the owners manual right accross the room. lol:D thats good to know, it is probably going to shoot best bottomed out like mentioned above though. easton94

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.