Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what the difference is between this and the regular 2 blade Rage head? Do the blades somehow open easier than the regular one? If so, can you shoot the 40KE even when you shoot a fast high poundage bow or will the blades open upon releasing your string? I'm not a mechanical head user, but like to keep up on the new stuff if for nothing more than educational purposes. Thanks.

·
Registered
9,265 Posts
The cutting diameter is .5" shorter on the 40KE Rage.

:izza:

Just wondering what the difference is between this and the regular 2 blade Rage head? Do the blades somehow open easier than the regular one? If so, can you shoot the 40KE even when you shoot a fast high poundage bow or will the blades open upon releasing your string? I'm not a mechanical head user, but like to keep up on the new stuff if for nothing more than educational purposes. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input. Is that the only difference?

·
Registered
24,837 Posts
people are all confuess over this head.

only difference is its 1.5" instead of 2"

its not jsut mad for bows producing under 40# ke. its designed for big game like moose where more penetration is better. less cut more penetration.

might have a less steep blade angle as well.

thats about it. besides size and maybe blade angle its the same head and can be used with way above 40 ke set up.

·
Embrace the suck!
7,673 Posts
Yep.

people are all confuess over this head.

only difference is its 1.5" instead of 2"

its not jsut mad for bows producing under 40# ke. its designed for big game like moose where more penetration is better. less cut more penetration.

might have a less steep blade angle as well.

thats about it. besides size and maybe blade angle its the same head and can be used with way above 40 ke set up.
This guy is right on, +1 for my post count!

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
The rage 40KE would be the best choice for anybody 1.5" cut is more than enough and better blade angle, not sure why anybody would shoot the 2", unless of course they bought them before the 40s came out.

·
Registered
9,265 Posts
Bigger holes. :nod:

:izza:

The rage 40KE would be the best choice for anybody 1.5" cut is more than enough and better blade angle, not sure why anybody would shoot the 2", unless of course they bought them before the 40s came out.

·
My Elk Hunting Home
32,332 Posts
If you want to use that logic, I believe the 1.5" Silverflame XL's would be a better choice, or the 1.5" 3-blade Striker Magnum even better.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
The 40ke are also a more swept back blade design than the 2" model. I used the 40's last year with a bow that has about 60lbs of ke and they are the way to go. They penatrate way better and still cut a huge gash in a deer.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
FYI since your asking about a 2 blade head, rocket used to make a head called Naildriver..100gr 2 blade 1 1/8th" cut or 125gr 2 blade 1 1/4" cut.. there want much that would stop that head but it never caught on very much...i still have a couple packs that i have saved....JMO

1 - 12 of 12 Posts