Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have any advice or a good website to help me get started on learning how to use a mouth turkey diaphram call? I bought a 3-pack of Primos calls and I'm not having much luck figuring them out.
Thanks,
Aaron

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
I've used them for yrs.....but it's hard to explain how to make them work.Most newbie's don't get them back in the roof of their mouth far enough.When positioned right,it's just short of gagging.

·
Speed Thrills and Kills
4,693 Posts
i have tried and tried to get them to work and i jsut cant get the hang of it......my ol man was one of the best Turkey hunters i have ever seen and could use them like he was born with them in his mouth...but me ill jsut stick to my slates havent had a problem with them yet so thats what ill keep usin

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
i have tried and tried to get them to work and i jsut cant get the hang of it......my ol man was one of the best Turkey hunters i have ever seen and could use them like he was born with them in his mouth...but me ill jsut stick to my slates havent had a problem with them yet so thats what ill keep usin
I agree.Even though i've used them for years,i rely on and kill more with my slate's and box anymore.Hard to beat the slates.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
I've bought a ton of them. To me they all sound pretty close to the same. I might try a couple but will probably stay with my slate and box calls.

·
Thunder Chicken Assassin
1,675 Posts
I used the primos "mastering the art' cd. It helped. Its available at cabelas.

·
Registered
49 Posts
+1 Practice....I would start off with a friction call if you are a newb. There are a ton of different mouth calls out there also. I would try out different kinds and brands to figure out which one you can blow better.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts