Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
3,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i'm a type 1 diabetic have been for almost 9 years. I woke up in the middle of the night sweating and low (25 on one test, 30 on another) although this rarely happens it has happened during deer season. what would u do if it happened to you during deer season, sleep in or go hunt?

· Registered
768 Posts
I would do whatever is sure to be the most safe thing to do. You have plenty of days to hunt. (My daughter is a type 1 diabetic and I want her to live a long healthy life.)

Tom :cool:

· Registered
3,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i'm just worried bout turkey season, 99% chance it won' happen, but i only have five days, i was somewhat low mid 60's last year during turk season before leaving had to get out a bit later, but it worked, took a nap in a crp field after lunch and just "listened" with my eyes close.

· Registered
79 Posts
Just bring snacks with you to be on the safe side. One thing to keep in mind is when your numbers swing that much it can affect yours eyes some for a little while until things even out. With me it is more that I feel like sh** afterwards until my numbers stabilize.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.