Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
team whacknstack
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are you guys exclusively public land hunters? Is any of the guys that have/had 25 stands on private using these? Or is it for the hang/hunt guys trying to cut weight? I can see a lot of benifit from having the tree for cover.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I private land hunt and almost 100 percent use a saddle. I now have a handful of preset trees I use for saddle hunting and jump around new spots too. Having the tree for cover is great and using a normal stand feels weird now.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
I’ve used it on both. Even before I started using a saddle I used a Lone wolf and sticks. Set up every day. Couldn’t see spending the money on 25 stands.

·
Scout, Hunt, Kill!!!
4,261 Posts
I private land hunt and almost 100 percent use a saddle. I now have a handful of preset trees I use for saddle hunting and jump around new spots too. Having the tree for cover is great and using a normal stand feels weird now.
I do this as well as hunt on public. Probably 75 percent public to private. I have some cheap 20 stick ladders with double step tops I plan on using on private and some public spots as presets. Throw the platform in my pack and go hunting.

I have 3 short Heliums with aiders and my whole set up weighs less than my old lone wolf hamg on alone. Much more comfortable as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts