Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jeff, what size navigators are you using? According to the archery program I would have to use the 430's to spine at 60 lbs and a 29" draw because the lightest point is 100 gr.Does this sound correct? are there any other point options for the three largest sizes? Thanks Jim Hutchinson

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I am not CHPro but I am shooting 480 Navigators at 29" with 108 gr. points at 58#s and they are working great...Hope this helps...Pro1

·
Registered
6,639 Posts
Pro1, don't even look close, at least not until you get some cool looking shoelaces and spend a couple years on a frozen custard diet :D!

Jim, I wouldn't want to go any lighter anyways on the point weight. The Nav is designed for accuracy and reduced wind drift. Not blazing speed (i.e. light weight arrow and points). Besides, most of the archery programs will show you how little the point weight has in terms of effect on spine unless you are looking to make drastic point weight changes (i.e. wanting to use 50gr points instead of 100gr for example).

That said, I think if I were setting up something with your bow specs I'd lean towards the 430's as well. My self, I'm using a couple different Nav set-ups - I've got 1 set at approx. 29" and am using 110gr points. Those were the arrows I was shooting down in IA at your field shoot. Worked great for me this year. The other set I have made up are 28.5" and I'm using 100gr points. That set of arrows I've been using recently for 90m on the FITA shoots (slightly lighter and allowed me to keep my sight bar extended out 1 notch further). Both of these sets are being shot out of a medium 2-cam bow at roughly 56#. Hence the reason I think the 430's would probably work for you at your draw length and poundage.

Just my gut feeling anyways. I've seen some pretty odd things work perfectly well for some that don't fit on any charts either. I just think, based on my limited experience, that the 430 would probably fit the bill for you.

>>------->

1 - 3 of 3 Posts