Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had the center break out of the fob when shooting a new bag target? I was shooting lastnight and shot a spot that had not been shot yet on a bag target and the center of the fob broke and the fob slid down the arrow shaft? anyone else had this problem?? Are they prone to this hope not cause I love shooting them and dont want to worry about hard targets breaking them. Thanks in advance
Aaron

·
Registered
306 Posts
This is caused by the arrow stopping spinning fast when it hits the target and the FOB wanting to stay spinning a little (Fob doesn't stop spinning as fast as the arrow). It is and indication of your nock being too tight of a fit in the arrow (I had this problem with some Victory arrows a year or so ago when the shaft ID was just a little too small for the nock). I spoke with Victory and ended up just sanding a little off my nocks on the shafts that caused the problems. If you look on starrflights sight or go to the FOB nation you will find discussions about this posted by Paul Morris (designer of the FOB), I have talked to him on the phone and he is one amazing fellow, very willing to help.

·
Registered
362 Posts
This is caused by the arrow stopping spinning fast when it hits the target and the FOB wanting to stay spinning a little (Fob doesn't stop spinning as fast as the arrow). It is and indication of your nock being too tight of a fit in the arrow (I had this problem with some Victory arrows a year or so ago when the shaft ID was just a little too small for the nock). I spoke with Victory and ended up just sanding a little off my nocks on the shafts that caused the problems. If you look on starrflights sight or go to the FOB nation you will find discussions about this posted by Paul Morris (designer of the FOB), I have talked to him on the phone and he is one amazing fellow, very willing to help.
Very well sad. No more to say.

·
The business is finished
2,934 Posts
Aye the nocks are too tight. Sometimes happens with my FMJ's. I just hit the nocks with a little sandpaper around the shank and fire away.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts