Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed a fall-away rest in the Cabela's Archery catalog from GKF that looks verys similar to the TKO I have seen pictures of. I think it's called the "Deer Hunter", or "Deer something" The price is the same I have seen for the TKO ($50). The only difference I could see off-hand is that the model in Cabelas doesn't have Teflon on the prongs. My question is three-fold.....

(1) Is it the same rest other than the prongs?
(2) If not, what is the difference from the model in Cabelas?
(3) Can I get prongs for the Cabela's model with some type of silencing material?

In advance, thanks a bunch.

p.s. Anyone else with thoughts on this feel free to chime in.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Nope that was the BuckHunter ...

The unrefined prototype of the New T.K.O......
The TKO is a much better rest,it is not Blocky and has adjustable arrow holding teflon launchers and spring tension.
It also has a pitch adjustment to adjust how far you want it to drop.
It is a Bullet Proof rest and everyone is liking it and the price.

GKF Tech:D

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TKO

Tech,
Thanks a bunch for the prompt reply. I am dissapointed to hear that though, as I have a $50 birthday gift certificate from Cabelas buring a hole in my pocket, and I REALLY want the TKO rest. I don't suppose you know if they (Cabelas) are selling the TKO yet do you?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
TKO

I think I answered my own question. I went to their web-site, and it has an update about how they are no longer carrying the Buck Hunter, and have replaced it with the TKO. Wooohooo, I get to get the rest now. My question now, is which cord (stretch or no-stretch) does it come with when ordered? I think I'll give them a call and see what their response is.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Yes it replaced the BH rest...

The T.K.O. comes with both bungy stretch cord and non stretch cord...
T.K.O. more for your money.
GKF Tech

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
You won't be dissappointed Dave! I've had the TKO for 2 days, shot only about 30 shots, and I'm in love! Smooth, solid as a Chevy, (Like a rock) and accurate with the LITTLE tuning I did! Very consistant, and precise. Have fun!!!!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts