Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are double clickers or split clickers FITA legal?

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Barry,

I have discussed this with the chairman of the FITA technical committee.

The following applies to the recurve division only. (Not barebow, not standard bow, not compound.)

A one-piece split-clicker is OK. A step clicker is also OK.

What you cannot have is more than one draw check device. The way the rule is now written, a split clicker that consists of a single leaf, that has been split, but terminates in a single piece where it is attached to the bow, is OK. That is one single device.

You cannot have two separate clicker leaves, and you cannot have two different types of clicker (say, a beiter and a check-it type) on the bow at the same time.

But, a split clicker that consists of a single leaf that has been split down the middle is OK.

I hope that is clear enough.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
clicker

thanks george , thats what i needed to know.

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Spigarelli makes a step clicker, Lancaster can probably order it.

If I wanted to shoot that type of clicker I would make it myself, out of some .030 feeler gage. Just remember to put a hole at the end of the slot.

I bet you can figure it out Barry ;)

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
clicker

thanks george, i made one out of a 030 beiter, took my dremel and cut it up the middle. works pretty good. barry

·
Registered
6,639 Posts
A man after my own heart Barry - gotta love the many uses of a dremel tool. You'd really be my hero if you told me you then duct taped the clicker to your bow, lol :D !

>>------->

1 - 7 of 7 Posts