Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What wrist style did you go with and why? I know the stock grip is a low wrist, but when I get to full draw I sometimes feel I need to adjust my hand and make sure I consciously adjust/relax the pressure in my hand on every shot to get the low wrist to work. I'm wanting to get a Torqueless, but not sure if I should go with low or medium. On bows I've owned in the past, Bowtech, New Breed, Mathews, PSE, I never seemed to have to pay so much attention to my grip on each and every shot like I do with my Elite. It's starting to become second nature, and I feel like I shoot the bow really well most of the time, but the times that I don't quite get the grip right, it really throws my arrows. I'm hoping to find some constant grip consistency with the Torqueless, I'm just not sure which wrist style to go with.

For guys that put a Torqueless on your Elite, were you already a low wrist shooter and just put a low wrist Torqueless? Or did anyone put a medium and find it to be more consistent than the stock grip?

·
Registered
273 Posts
I just got a medium which according to torqueless is what Elite's grip is. I get less torque and I'm slapping arrows at 20 but can't speak of overall long term consistency as I haven't had it on long enough yet to shoot a lot with it for score or at longer ranges. Little I shot with it I'd say my grip is much better with it but still needs my attention right now (but clearly less then before, probably just me), feels awesome, fit so well that with masking tape underneath it won't come off without effort, and looks great. Debated on the low to mid decision too but always felt like I was more a mid grip. Time will tell.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
I went with a low. It is suppose to be the most forgiving. I like it because I can feel an even pressure against my bow hand when at full draw.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Wouldn't it make your draw length a little bit longer since its taking up space between the bow and your hand. And moving your bow farther away from you.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
This use to confuse me also. When you put the grip on, the bow is now slightly farther from you face. So the string would be further from your nose. You then would have to make the draw length longer so the string would touch your nose. I had to add 1/4", by adding twists to the cables and taking out a few from the string.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
You you ordered the low wrist that might help also. That grip really keeps you honest if you keep full contact on the bow hand. It is really easily repeatable if you are paying attention.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts