Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What targets are y'all using? Post some pics of your basement range!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Ive got a third hand target in my basement. Nothing fancy, just sits on the floor. I can shoot 19 yards one end to the other.

·
Shootin and Cussin
24,101 Posts
Ive got a third hand target in my basement. Nothing fancy, just sits on the floor. I can shoot 19 yards one end to the other.
This. I built a stand for mine so I can shoot level.

·
Socket Man
24,235 Posts
The last time I shot in a basement I put up a paper plate and did my Paper Plate Session, it was really fun and my buddies house I believe was a 14 yard shot so it ends up being more of a blank bale type environment. This day I had my target bow set up for indoor and it was dead on so I didn't want to move the sight at all just to shoot in his basement so I put up the paper plate and aimed dead on at it and my arrow hit above where I was aiming but the arrows hit the same hole for about two hours of talking and shooting so it was fun.

I have used a 5-spot or vegas target for the same type of session where I aimed directly at the x and allowed my arrow to hit above making a single little hole on the top edge of the 10 ring. It allows you to have lots of practice aiming at a fresh spot on the target. There are times though that I will go ahead and move my sight and get the bow dead on at the shorter distance so that I can practice aiming at a hole where the paper vanishes.

·
Socket Man
24,235 Posts
By the way on days like this only shooting one arrow is a must, it allows that arrow to be very important and your only focus. When you shoot multiple arrows it allows the mentality that "Well that one sucked but I still have 4 more to shoot and do things right".

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
I use a block target, Mackenzie Bear Target, and any other targets I have. I can shoot 21 yards in my basement. Spend a lot of time shooting 10 yards working on form.

·
Mark
5,690 Posts
Third Hand Archery "Rag Bag". Hanging by rope from the rafters above. Can shoot 15 yards max. Its a one man shooting range due to layout of basement but works for me.

·
Big Damn Arrow Slinger
3,030 Posts
I use the Rinehart 18-1.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
This. I built a stand for mine so I can shoot level.
My ultimate goal is to build it into a wall. Then build a small sliding door to cover it when I'm not shooting. Kind of like the fancy dart boards

·
Shootin and Cussin
24,101 Posts
My ultimate goal is to build it into a wall. Then build a small sliding door to cover it when I'm not shooting. Kind of like the fancy dart boards
Now that's interesting. Build swing out doors with pegs for the bow and accessories and an arrow holder.

·
Socket Man
24,235 Posts
My buddy dshort got a big green target one, they usually are a bag target but this one is a layered foam one that has layers that are about 2 inches thick and you can take it apart and find points that pull out and you can move the layers as they get shot up and have fresh ones and then buy new layers as needed. It is a big rectangle and was around 500 I think but is really nice.

·
Banned
18,640 Posts
What targets are y'all using? Post some pics of your basement range!

Who shoots in the basement ?...I shoot in the house, room to room, from bathroom to living room....I can get 15 yds easy to work on form... I was just shooting minutes a go.... I use a Morell Super Duper bag target....

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well I just went to the local bait shop and bought the biggest bag target they have for now, I can get about 18yards.....if I open that wall up I could probably get at least 38........lol I see a construction project coming up in the future

uploadfromtaptalk1453768981017.jpg

1 - 20 of 40 Posts