Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my girlfriend has been shooting now for year and this year she got her a new target bow and ever since she is having trouble getting her arm to come down to the target its like she stifs up when at full draw is there anything she can do to help this problem out any. she has blanked a few do to this problem how can she get her arm to come down to aim her sight on the target
any advice would be gladly appreciated
thanks daniel

·
Registered
146 Posts
post a pic of her at full draw.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
pic

here is a pic of her at full draw she still would have to drop her arm some to be aiming on the target, where she is now is where she gets stif

Attachments

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Is she over bowed? Can she draw the bow with it pointing at a downward angle and bring it to target? Her draw length is too long.

·
Registered
7,889 Posts
draw length is way to long! can you get a better pic from the side then im sure some of the guys who really know will chime in, but draw is definetly long.

hook

·
Registered
430 Posts
draw way to long, shorten it until the nock is the same as her eye

·
In the begining God......
3,710 Posts
Without a doubt WAYYYYY to long on the draw. That is a great place to start, and would help with other things as well.

·
Registered
7,889 Posts
not sure where you got the bow but if you got it from a proshop i would take back have them shorten up the dl then repost some pics w new dl guys here will get her shooting good. cool little bow BTW.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah she can a little but still has some trouble i do know her draw is about 2 inches too long could that be a problem

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks guys i wil have it taken to the proshop and have her dl shorten and then post new pics, all advice helps a bunch, i wasn't sure what to do for her.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Ditto on the draw length. There definitely needs to be a significant adjustment made there. At that point you have a platform for any additional modifications that need to be made.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
she is set at 46 lbs now and yeah that is a kisser button its supposed to come by the edge of her nose but as trouble getting it there, and i think that could be due to her draw

·
Registered
463 Posts
way too long

She is struggling to keep it back at anchor. I don't care what feedback she is giving you ....Shorten it up!!! ---Mike :(

yeah she can a little but still has some trouble i do know her draw is about 2 inches too long could that be a problem

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
she is set at 46 lbs now and yeah that is a kisser button its supposed to come by the edge of her nose but as trouble getting it there, and i think that could be due to her draw

Kisser button goes on the corner of the lip not the nose. Bring it down some after you get the draw length fixed.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts