Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
PSE Evoke 35 EC
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will 100 grain magnums fly the same out of my bow as 100 grain standards, if my bow is tuned to the standards?

·
Registered
126 Posts
I was told by an owner of a local shop that they do, in fact, fly the same as each other. I still hesitated as it was in the middle of the season last year, and just bought more standards. There isn't much difference though, so I would guess the guy is right. Can only be sure if you test them :)

·
Registered
PSE Evoke 35 EC
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was told by an owner of a local shop that they do, in fact, fly the same as each other. I still hesitated as it was in the middle of the season last year, and just bought more standards. There isn't much difference though, so I would guess the guy is right. Can only be sure if you test them :)
that's the only problem, i have some used standards that i wanted to tune with and some brand new magnums that i wanted to hunt with

·
Registered
434 Posts
Maybe shoot one of the magnums to find out? Worst-case scenario you tune with the magnums and have to buy a set of replacement blades for <$15, right?

I have shot both the standards and magnums and they tuned the same for me. But I wouldn't go into to the woods without checking first. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
PSE Evoke 35 EC
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maybe shoot one of the magnums to find out? Worst-case scenario you tune with the magnums and have to buy a set of replacement blades for <$15, right?

I have shot both the standards and magnums and they tuned the same for me. But I wouldn't go into to the woods without checking first. Just my opinion.
that's true, plus then i could get the new mercedes blades!!

·
Registered
754 Posts
I shot both just to see and could tell no difference. Just in case I need to borrow some of my son's magnums.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
They fly the same form my set-up.

·
74,535 Posts
There very close and you should be fine
DB

·
Registered
28,624 Posts
Try them and find out.

·
Registered
13,077 Posts
No, they will not, in my opinion. There is more surface area to a Magnum, albeit slight, and that will make a bit of a difference at longer ranges. My bow is super well tuned but a Standard head begins to drop about 3-4 inches over a field tip for me at 80 yards; they are also a bit less forgiving at that longer range. Up to 60 they are exactly on with my field points. The Mags drop a bit more and are a bit less forgiving at longer ranges. If you are talking about ranges under 60 yards, then they will fly close to the same.

·
Registered
PSE Evoke 35 EC
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No, they will not, in my opinion. There is more surface area to a Magnum, albeit slight, and that will make a bit of a difference at longer ranges. My bow is super well tuned but a Standard head begins to drop about 3-4 inches over a field tip for me at 80 yards; they are also a bit less forgiving at that longer range. Up to 60 they are exactly on with my field points. The Mags drop a bit more and are a bit less forgiving at longer ranges. If you are talking about ranges under 60 yards, then they will fly close to the same.
yea i'm thinking like 40 yards at the max

·
Treestand Assassin
3,102 Posts
I've shot both out to 45 yards. No difference in impact at all.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts