Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my first Summit climber the other day, Razor. I'm making way to much noise when I remove the cables from the stand. As you well know, you have to remove them at a slight angle and when I pull on them they let loose all of a sudden and I'm making a heck of a racket doing it. The more I use the stand, will the cables limber up some? If they do, I think that will take care of my problem. I'm still practicing. So far I like the stand.........:)

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
One thing I do with the Summit is to take the area where the cables go into the square tube. File off any slight burrs if there are any. Then if you want you can put a foam adhesive tape in the ends or, I put the spray foam insulation in all of the openings. Just put the spray in a manor that will effect getting the cables in and, out. I found that the thinner adhesive foam tape(use small pieces) just in the ends of the square tubes works well. I took the lower section of the stand and, filled the entire openings up with spray foam--totally dead as far as sound now.

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
Yes the cables will limber up some. Actually the shrink tubing is what loosens up a bit I think.

Take your time and you will be able to do it really quietly. The RAZOR is supposed to be another great Summit product. I have the Viper and really like it.

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
I have a Viper too, and it took a little while before I really could sneak up a tree. Keep practicing you will get the hang of it. Good luck this season.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
like every one else said-practice,when i first got mine i thought it was as noisy as two skeletons making out on a tin roof.but the more you use it the better it gets .now i love mine.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks guys. The more I use it the better I am getting at it. Thanks for the info to all of you. One more thing, got any ideas on what to do with a nosy neighbor. I go outside and practice with my treestand in a hickory tree in the backyard. Neighbor keeps looking out the window, got a feeling they think I'm nuts........:tongue:

·
Registered
6,066 Posts
Blazer said:
thanks guys. The more I use it the better I am getting at it. Thanks for the info to all of you. One more thing, got any ideas on what to do with a nosy neighbor. I go outside and practice with my treestand in a hickory tree in the backyard. Neighbor keeps looking out the window, got a feeling they think I'm nuts........:tongue:
In that case I would have to put on a show for him. If he THINKS your crazy make it so he KNOWS your crazy.

·
Registered
37,038 Posts
I converted two people over to summit climbers from other climbers in the past couple of years. They both hated it at first. They both said that it was to noisey but after using it for awhile and getting the hang of it they would not use anything else now. They are get stands and you will get better at it in time. :wink:

·
Registered
826 Posts
I have an open shot that I bought last year but did not use it ,this year I plan on using it more and I found out that with practice and not rushing to set up that it has to be the quietest climbing stand that I have ever owned and the more you use it the quieter and better it will work out for you.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts