Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Smilin' Bob
25,077 Posts
I'm guessing...beer.:wink:

The outfitters I know seldom have lots of cash laying around making more money for them. More use cash on hand to pay for leases and permits and use future money coming in for clients refunds and salaries.

·
Registered
9,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm guessing...beer.:wink:

The outfitters I know seldom have lots of cash laying around making more money for them. More use cash on hand to pay for leases and permits and use future money coming in for clients refunds and salaries.
I think I encountered one who thought he was a investment advisor....:mad:

·
Registered
9,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok, this dont sound good....what happened?
I don't have all of the details yet......so I'm going to stay quiet about it.....for now.

But, I think I lost a huge chunk of money........:mad:

I'm just curious where most outfitters put their money......

·
Registered
36,024 Posts
I don't have all of the details yet......so I'm going to stay quiet about it.....for now.

But, I think I lost a huge chunk of money........:mad:

I'm just curious where most outfitters put their money......
lets us know as soon as possible.

Fingers crossed for you,,,,hopefully this works out for you.

·
Registered
23,633 Posts
Brother - let us know - we will definitly ralley the troops...AT rolls MOB DEEP.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Man, I hope it works out for you!!!

I would also hope that the outfitter still has your deposit somewhere...

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
At The Quail Shed, we usually put it into a savings account at first...
Its better than spending it, in case you have to refund some money...

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
In some instances, there's quite a range between normal amd sensible!

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Not sure about outfitters everywhere but it seems that a majority of the ones I have spoke with lately are using the deposits as stated earlier to cover expenses for the upcoming season,leases,food plot prep & planting,new stands,upgrades and repairs on lodging & vehicles,etc.
Most of those that I spoke to no longer offer refunds on deposits and clearly state it on their brochures & web pages,and they will tell you(the honest ones anyway) to be sure about booking before committing to paying the deposit and some even recommend trip insurance,most but not all will however let you move your deposit to another hunt date ,a few I have hunted with will even carry it over to the next season.

Good Luck!!

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
We have a refund policy that covers loss of job, death, and the possibility of carrying it over to another year. It is not right to put people in a bind, on either side of the equation...

·
Registered
451 Posts
This person has been sitting on $4750 for 18 months.....with 9 months of notice that I no longer walk. I don't think he has been put into a bind......
$4750??? I would be pissed if I were you. Time to put together a mob and go take care of business. I hope you are able to get everything resolved, good luck.

·
Registered
9,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
$4750??? I would be pissed if I were you. Time to put together a mob and go take care of business. I hope you are able to get everything resolved, good luck.
I'm not getting too aggressive....yet.

I have only emailed his wife but will talk to him next week.

If it does not go well, I will be back here with specifics.

·
Banned
3,149 Posts
$4750 for a deposit? Where are you going...Africa?

·
Registered
9,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
$4750 for a deposit? Where are you going...Africa?
It was a hunt of a lifetime. I wanted to do it as soon as I was physically and financially capable doing so. I thought I better do it.....you never know what will happen in life. Well.....it happened and there is zero chance I will be able to go in the near future or ever......

1 - 20 of 28 Posts