Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am applying to work at a archery shop and was wondering if there is anywhere i can read up on tuning bows, restringing, rest adjustments, and basic bow maintance. If those of you who are knowledgeable about this could please help me let me know or did you all just learn from people who knew and taught you. thanks for your help.

·
EXTREME BOWSTRINGS
11,626 Posts
There are alot of books out on the market that can help you, some even teach how to serve the string.the best ones are by Larry Wise.

·
Bowhemian
8,295 Posts
Simple Maintenance for Archery.
-by Ruth Rowe and Alan Anderson

Tuning Your Compound Bow.
-by Larry Wise

Bow & Arrow.
-by Larry Wise

·
Premium Member
10,922 Posts
You can get the books and read, but I'll give you a bit of advice. Not all bows work well in all bow presses. If you start pressing a bow and the riser twists even the slightest bit, STOP. Ask the boss or whatever, but don't take a chance of twisting a customers riser. Both he and the boss will appreciate it.

With some experience you'll learn, but err on the side of caution.

·
Registered
PRO SHOP OWNER BOWTECH MATHEWS
3,058 Posts
i started on bows pretty young. but when i decided to move north and by a business. i worked for six months for free in two shops in tenn. i had bought so much stuff from them that when i talked to the owners they gave me free range of there shops. one was also a archery distributor so when i left i placed my first order with them . weird thing is its 11 years latter im still going good and one of them is gone and i heard the other one is on the way out.
dont think theres anyone that knows everything about all bows. its a learn as you go process but there is a lot of similarities between bows. you can get a lot of help here on at if you can figure out who to listen to.

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
upnorth said:
you can get a lot of help here on at if you can figure out who to listen to.
This is the KEY to the archery world here on AT. Good Luck!!!

NC

1 - 9 of 9 Posts