Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Catty Shack
12,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the green model shown and noticed I had a piece of cellophane tape over the hole on the side. I have no idea why.

I thought maybe that hole was a vent for draft to help get oxygen to the burner and me covering might make the burner burn slower and not use up the fuel so fast. But I really don’t know if that is what’s for or why I did it.

Anyone know what that hole is for? I’ll call Thermocell tomorrow but I’ll probably get some gal in Pakistan that doesn’t know and I probably won’t be able to understand her anyway.

Wood Rectangle Flooring Floor Table
Wood Gadget Audio equipment Font Tool

·
Lowered expectations
18,533 Posts
I have one somewhere but i’m too lazy to go dig it up and see if it has the hole, too.

But why not just open it up and see if the hole connects to something? Easy enough - just a few screws holding the back on.

·
Catty Shack
12,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I took it apart and it’s not for a charger, it doesn’t do anything other than provide a draft port.

On the outside there’s some type of ring from the molding process - could be a way to push it out of the mold cavity but it’s not in the right position for that either.

But for some reason I covered it up and no clue why (well I think it was me that did it).

Wood Gas Machine Engineering Bumper
Wood Door Gadget Communication Device Wood stain

·
Back down to ground level
16,964 Posts
I still have one of those older models and there's no hole in the side. Looks to me like it was drilled for some reason. To attach a hook or clasp maybe. Ring around the hole could be where the drill hit when bit bottomed out. Then hole was covered with tape to keep bugs and moisture out when the idea didn't work out. Could be a hook was screwed in there that has a metal disc at the base of the threads, that would have made that ring(coffee cup wall hook)

·
Registered
100 Posts
"Could be a hook was screwed in there that has a metal disc at the base of the threads, that would have made that ring(coffee cup wall hook)"

Thats what i was thinking when i saw it also

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
HOYT, Easton, Shrewd, Dead Center, Doinker, AAE, Shibuya, Beiter & Leupold ProGuide HD 10X42.
757 Posts
Don't have one..but I get a guess to!..If the two halves fit tight together....maybe it's a hole to keep the outside and inside air pressure the same?
Maybe it draws air into the unit there to make it function correctly......haha I have no idea!

·
Premium Member
HOYT, Easton, Shrewd, Dead Center, Doinker, AAE, Shibuya, Beiter & Leupold ProGuide HD 10X42.
757 Posts
Saw video where a lady looked into a hole in hers where she could see if the unit was lit and operating by seeing a orange or blue light caused by the gas burning....?????

·
Slinging Arrows
1,945 Posts
Saw video where a lady looked into a hole in hers where she could see if the unit was lit and operating by seeing a orange or blue light caused by the gas burning....?????
That's the top of the unit. You look into it and see that the unit is on.

To the op, I have a few and none of mine have that hole in them.

·
The Impartial Archer
20,494 Posts
I have one of those that is super old.....I'll have to look now........lol. It still works but I bought a newer real old one that doesn't click as loud when you light it. Until it breaks I'm not buying a new one......the new ones are even more different.......I saw some at the store the other day.

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
Maybe they drilled a hole and made a lanyard with a knot inside to carry it around.../wrap around wrist.
Maybe they had it mounted securely to something???

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
When its on your body and malfunctions, that’s where the flames shoot out… out that hole to give you 3rd degree burns. 👍🏼
jk. Mine dont have that hole..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts