Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading all the good things about the Vortex binos, my wife surprised me a bought me a pair of 10X42 Sidewinders. She ordered them from OpticsPlanet.....sorry I wasn't able to support the dealers on the forum. They are very bright and clear and I am very impressed with the overall performance. I have a couple issues that I hope you all can help me with. First, the left eye cup is messed up. I'm talking about the twist up piece. The right side is smooth, easy to turn, and makes a subtle click when it reaches the top. The left side, however, feels like it is dragging or catching on something. Something is just not right with it. Second, I have spots on the lens coating. It almost looks like the coating is gone in places. This is both on the eye pieces and the objective lenses. I tried to clean them, as per directions, but the spots remain. Neither one of these issues appears to affect the view, but it just bugs me that they are new and have issues. I didn't want to deal with it earlier since I wanted to use them for the archery season.

My questions are 1)Should I be concerned with these issues? and 2)Do I need to send them back to OpticsPlanet or do I send them straight to Vortex for warranty repair?

Any help you can give me would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
I would suggest contacting Vortex themselves. If a replacement is needed might be the fastest route. I have delt with Opticsplanet also and they provided great customer service as well.
I hope this helps
Evan

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
If you will send a PM or e-mail to vortexnick he will help you with your problem.
Rick

1 - 3 of 3 Posts