Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a question for you all . You have one tag it is for a buck or doe. Your family has no meat in the house to eat . You are in your stand a 250 lbs Doe walks in with a 250" rack buck. The buck for some reason is skin and bones. Would you shoot the buck or the Doe?

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
I would shoot the buck, feed my family with what meat he had and sell the antlers to the highest bidding antler nut............. But I do have to say, I wouldn't be hunting if my family didn't have any food, I would be at work.......

·
Registered
758 Posts
If you were in need that bad would you really be all that worried about tags? To answer your question I too would shoot the buck, you know what kind of money you could get from a deer like that! Enough to buy lots of food!

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
you would get more in the long run out of the 250" rack.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Im wiht the rest of the people. i would take the buck...

·
Resident Philosopher
11,625 Posts
I would shoot the buck, feed my family with what meat he had and sell the antlers to the highest bidding antler nut............. But I do have to say, I wouldn't be hunting if my family didn't have any food, I would be at work.......
quote of the day material there boys !!

·
Registered
3,383 Posts

·
Registered
10,964 Posts
now thats funny:)

·
Registered
297 Posts
smartest post ive seen in a while . . .

·
wannabtradguy
15,322 Posts
250" buck is huge. I'd shoot him. I would go to a different state and get some doe tags if I needed meat.

·
Registered
86 Posts
250" buck is huge. I'd shoot him. I would go to a different state and get some doe tags if I needed meat.
I'd actually shoot the big boy. But, I'd go to the grocery store with the money I intended to buy out of state tags with and buy enough meat for a year. Plus, I know I'd have meat in the freezer.

·
Registered
6,153 Posts
I'd shoot the buck. i don't hunt for the meat. I can buy beef. If everyone in the house was hungry I wouldn't be spending the money on hunting but instead I'd be working to make money to buy food

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
This hands down.

·
Banned
6,593 Posts
down comes the buck. i shouldnt say the rest though.

you decide what i would do.. i will check back and see if any of you are correct.

·
Banned
3,965 Posts
If you were in need that bad would you really be all that worried about tags? To answer your question I too would shoot the buck, you know what kind of money you could get from a deer like that! Enough to buy lots of food!
I've known of several racks 150" & up going for a nice little piece of change. There are people everywhere who will buy nice racks & brag to people that it is their buck hanging on the wall. I would like to see what 250" of bone would bring.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
I've known of several racks 150" & up going for a nice little piece of change. There are people everywhere who will buy nice racks & brag to people that it is their buck hanging on the wall. I would like to see what 250" of bone would bring.
Most likely with that kind of rack, the offer will come from Cabelas, Gander, Bass Pro, etc. to have it made into a replica for their stores or for their traveling display they put on.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
I'll step outside the box...I'd shoot the doe....that'd be quite a bit of meat....antlers mean nothing if it's my family....family first, not my self.....

1 - 20 of 41 Posts