Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Bear Instinct
5,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does the done deal have sealed ball bearing in the cams......

i keep hearing on here that they didn't but the truth 2 did....

anyone clear that up........

it would seem ridiculous not to have them in.

·
Registered
902 Posts
You might not like what I have to say but here goes.............

It really does not matter if they do or not. Sealed bearings are a recent addition to archery. Nothing wrong with good bushings. Actually I can't say I've ever heard of a case of worn out bushings. But I have heard of bearing problems. As to the Truth 1 vs Truth 2, I'm sorry I can't answer that.

·
edthearcher
6,456 Posts
I dont know the answer to your question
but starting around 2003 a great share of bow companys started changing over to sealed bearings on there top bows and lower end where shortly to follow
as far as the post goes that he has never see a worn bushing. than i wonder why bow companys changed
bushings unless they were greased and greased often wore cams leaned axles froze in the bushings groves in the axles, sometimes you had to beat out the axles with a hammer and punch
but than again some have never worked on a lot of bows

·
Registered
902 Posts
I repeat, I have never seen a bow of any age come into the shop I frequent (and I'm there at least a couple times a week) for servicing that had worn out bushings. Maybe it's because that vast majority of the archers around here are strictly hunters who might shoot 50 arrows a year. I HAVE seen damage done to both bushings and bearings from dry firing and cases where the lower cam has hit something like a rail on a treestand and the bushing cracked but not from honest wear. And I misread the original posters question, it was not the Truth 1 vs 2 it was about the Done Deal. I still don't have an answer for the man.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts