Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a new Hoyt Rampage and the bow string keeps hitting my forearm. I know what your thinking, rookie? But I hunted with my Hoyt magna tech for six years and never had this problem. When ever I try to adjust my arm for string my aim is off. Any help would be great. Ill leave my feelings at the door.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Form is the problem. Now the question is why. Dumb question but is your draw length correct? If this bow is too long for you then that will make you hyper extend your bow arm ending in a painful slap.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Draw length too long? Probably, also relax that bow arm some, don't over extend it. Check the bow specs. How long have you been shooting that string?

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
all of the above is some great help. Try to disect what may be diff from other bow-draw length, anchor, form, stance, posture, left arm, grip, several to look at possibly but try what everybody else said and get back with us.

·
Registered
22,697 Posts
All in the grip. How are you gripping the bow? If you have it where the riser runs down the line in your palm, it makes your forearm want to turn in. It needs to be on the pad below the thumb. That automatically makes your arm want to rotate out.

If not that, it has to be DL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts