Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a little advice on broadhead tuning. My set up is 06 bowtech allegiance, 65lbs, 28.5 dl, 28 inch maxima 350 arrows, trophy ridge dz, 294 fps. I shot 100g slick tricks and they hit about 6 inches high and 2 inches right. I shot 100g Wac em and they hit about 3 to 4 inches high. I'm looking for some advice on what I can do to fix these problems. Thanks for for your help.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Try paper tuning your bow with field points then see what happens with broadheads.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I've gleaned a lot of expertise on this forum about broadhead tuning and have been successful as of late doing it on my bow... download the Easton tuning guide, it is good stuff. Once you figure it out it will make things real easy. Just think that a broadhead acts like vanes on the front of the arrow. If the nock is low, you are launching the broadhead high and it is flying the arrow up. If the centershot is too far to the right, the broadhead is guiding the arrow to the right... this can be all fixed with centershot on the rest and nocking point on the string. it ain't voodoo, it does work.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Paper tuning

My bow has been paper tuned and I'm still having problems getting these heads to hit my target. Also, with 4 blade broadheads, how do you line up the blades with the vanes? Should you use + or x for best results.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
OverMyHead said:
I've gleaned a lot of expertise on this forum about broad head tuning and have been successful as of late doing it on my bow... download the Easton tuning guide, it is good stuff. Once you figure it out it will make things real easy. Just think that a broad head acts like vanes on the front of the arrow. If the nock is low, you are launching the broad head high and it is flying the arrow up. If the centershot is too far to the right, the broad head is guiding the arrow to the right... this can be all fixed with centershot on the rest and nocking point on the string. it ain't voodoo, it does work.
I totally agree. I thought it was all bull...but now my bh and fps hit at the same point of impact.

·
In 'Da Head
24,266 Posts
bmeyers01 said:
My bow has been paper tuned and I'm still having problems getting these heads to hit my target. Also, with 4 blade broadheads, how do you line up the blades with the vanes? Should you use + or x for best results.
Don't worry about lining up blades and vanes...pure nonsense. I wrote an article that should help you out. Those Wac 'Ems fly like darts, so it's not them.
Here you go
http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=383228

·
Registered
145 Posts
Agree with the advise about the Easton tuning guide. Also, it doesn't make any difference how your blades are related to your fletching if the broadhead spins true (no wobble) and the bow is tuned properly.

·
Real helos, have 2 rotors
10,241 Posts
I do line up the blades with the fletchings. Not because it changes how the arrow flys, but so the blades don't hit the arrow shelf! (I like the arrow as close to my bow hand as possible.)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts