Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the opportunity to purchase a archery shop that has been established since 1976. Owner owns the building, and carries Hoyt, PSE, AR and NAAG. Does good buisness, but last year was a slow year, due to slow year and not promoting the shop. I know most clients that come through and have comitment of 1 shooter and 1 bow tech to help with work and scheduling of hours. Building is located close to a large Outdoor Retail Store chain that sends several customers over our way that they can't take care of. Price is $15,000 plus inventory cost. Is this a good way to start or?

Thought this would be the best section of the site to post this question.

Thanks for any advise.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have contacted most of our reps and questioned them about continued service, they have all stated that nothing would change since they are all familiar with myself.

We went over the tax reports for last year, talked with the same agent in which he uses, agent assured me everything would stay as is as far as policies and pricing. Only have about 5 bows not of current year, bow shop has been run very efficient. Most equipment is under 3 years old, 1 press kept around for crossbows, is over 5. The owner is experiencing severe health problems and having to cut his load severly, he is a pastor for a church in the area.

Current in shop bow inventory is 9 2003 Hoyts, 5 2003 PSE, 2003 Reflex's, 5 2002 PSE's, 10 AR's. Currently have 11 Hoyts on order. Arrows we usually keep about 30 dozen fletched, with around 5 of each set back for MTO.

Thanks this is really helping me, any other suggestion or questions I need to ask.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.