Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have and older model martin cougar with fury cams. The number on the cams are 000HL. The limbs have H1 written on side of limb by limb pockets. I would like to put a set of nitrous cams on it with draw length at 31in at longest point with 65% let off. The problem is there are no martin dealers around where I live to tell me what I need to get. I need to know what cams and modules to get. And also the strinig and cable lengths. If anyone can help it would be tremendous!!!

thanks alot ddunning

·
Registered
7,056 Posts
ddunning said:
I have and older model martin cougar with fury cams. The number on the cams are 000HL. The limbs have H1 written on side of limb by limb pockets. I would like to put a set of nitrous cams on it with draw length at 31in at longest point with 65% let off. The problem is there are no martin dealers around where I live to tell me what I need to get. I need to know what cams and modules to get. And also the strinig and cable lengths. If anyone can help it would be tremendous!!!

thanks alot ddunning

Where in Ky do you live? I'm only guessing here because you did'nt say whether it is a Cougar Mag or not. For Cougar with 1H limbs the charts say they're 40lb limbs. For the Cougar Mag they're 50lb limbs. The cam 000 is 25" draw length and the HL is for High letoff.

You didn't say how many lbs you wanted to draw with the nitrous system. On the nitrous limb specs the only listing for the 1H limbs are for the Cougar SE with Nitrous and the draw weight is 45lbs. To get 31" draw you'd need the Nitrous "C" cam with the 65% mods. If you need more lbs draw weight then you'll need new limbs as well. If you've got the cougar mag and want a little higher draw weight you can get ----- 50lbs with a 1M limb--- 60lbs with 3M limb. You can also PM me if you want any additional info.:wink:

Ohh by the way, string and cable lengths change with model and cam so you'll have to let me know your model, limb type-- ie mag or elite, then I can give you some string lengths.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts