Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
I can't think of one negative about the bow.
I like it so much I ordered another one for 3d.
I'm sure some people have some negatives with the reezen bit not me.

·
Registered
299 Posts
You have to go shoot one for yourself with the new Harmonic Stabilizer - it really does reduce the vibration that was originally terrible. I got one as I felt it will be a better hunting bow than a Monster.

You should do a search on this website in this section for Reezen and you can read the opinions for a few hours. I would recommend that you start reading after the new Harmonic Stabilizer was updated as that made an incredible difference.

Also, go to the Mathews website and look under the forums there and you can read for a few more hours.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Had one for a few weeks now and find it to be very accurate and easy to shoot even with the 6.5" bh. Fast enough for me too. I can't say anything bad about it except the grip takes a little getting used to when going from a Bowtech to the Mathews but it didn't take much.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
I have a 7.0 and really like it for a hunting bow. It is Fast, quiet and despite what others will say, it has very little vibration. the New harmonic stabilizer is great. I dont have any complaints about mine. If it didnt have the Mathews name on it a lot more people would like it. Shoot it for yourself and see. Everyone taste is different.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I have been shooting my 6.5 since December. It is a good shooter for sure. It holds steady on target and is relatively easy to draw considering the energy it stores. Mine never had the hand shock you will read about (even before the heavier dampener was installed) The only negative I can think of is it wears out the rubber stops on the string suppressors pretty quickly. I am on my second set already.

·
roll tide roll!
3,652 Posts
nothing in the world wrong with the reezen, its a fine shooter. you will always have people badmouth every known brand known to man..... if you like the reezen then its the best bow in the world!

·
Registered
86 Posts
I've been shooting the crap out of a 6.5 the last 3 days. I think its going to be really accurate. I really expected to hate the bow after reading threads on here for the last 3 months. I dont get it . Its a darn nice quality bow and its fast and smooth enough. I really like it.:thumbs_up

·
Registered
739 Posts
Reezen

It's the Reezen I bought another Mathews. HAHA. I got the 6.5 about a month ago and love it. I shot it both with and without the updated harmonic dampener and did notice a tiny bit of vibration in the grip with the old style, although it wasn't much different than some of the other bows from other manufacturers that I shot the same day. Lots of other nice shooting bows out there though so it all comes down to which bow feels best for each person. I just like the way a Mathews feels.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I'll let you know in a few weeks when my 6.5 comes in!

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
I first shot it in late January, and thought it was terrible! Hand shock was moderate at 70 lbs draw, and vibration after the shot rang like a tuning fork.
No, I am not a Hoyt fanboy. No, I am not a Matthews basher.
It is a FACT that the bow had problems. If it weren't true, why would Matthews go to the trouble of making a fix (harmonic stabilizer) for it?
I would give the Reezen ( with no add on dampening ) a rating of 3 out of 10.

The second time I shot it was in March. This time it had the new harmonic stabilizer installed. I could not believe how much difference this little bar bell made. It really does dampen the shock, and all but eliminates the vibration after the shot. I can't believe this is the same bow!
In all fairness, this bow still is not as quiet and shock free as my Alphamax, but overall pretty good.
I would give the Reezen (with harmonic stab) a rating of 7 out of 10.

I shot the bow again 1 week ago, with both the harmonic stabilizer, and the new Matthews, add on string suppressor. :thumbs_up
My view on this bow has changed again. I am amazed! This bow is now completely shock and vibration free. With these 2 additions, the Reezen is every bit as smooth, quiet, and dead in the hand as my Alphamax.
When I shot this bow the first time, I thought nothing you could ever do would make me like this bow. Well, I was wrong.
Today I would give the Reezen (with harmonic stab, and string supressor) a solid 9 out of 10.

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
I'm very happy with my reezen 7.0. The draw is alittle more aggresive than past mathews models which to me awhile to get used to but it is a shooter for sure.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
I first shot it in late January, and thought it was terrible! Hand shock was moderate at 70 lbs draw, and vibration after the shot rang like a tuning fork.
It is a FACT that the bow had problems. If it weren't true, why would Matthews go to the trouble of making a fix (harmonic stabilizer) for it?

The second time I shot it was in March. This time it had the new harmonic stabilizer installed. I could not believe how much difference this little bar bell made. It really does dampen the shock, and all but eliminates the vibration after the shot. I can't believe this is the same bow!
In all fairness, this bow still is not as quiet and shock free as my Alphamax, but overall pretty good.

I shot the bow again 1 week ago, with both the harmonic stabilizer, and the new Matthews, add on string suppressor. :thumbs_up
My view on this bow has changed again. I am amazed! This bow is now completely shock and vibration free. With these 2 additions, the Reezen is every bit as smooth, quiet, and dead in the hand as my Alphamax.
When I shot this bow the first time, I thought nothing you could ever do would make me like this bow. Well, I was wrong.
Today I would give the Reezen (with harmonic stab, and string supressor) a solid 9 out of 10.
Good review

·
Archer
8,649 Posts
I had no intention of buying one...but I bought one anyway. I was sold on the Elite GT500 for my next bow, but when I shot it next to the Reezen 7.0 I quickly changed my mind. I felt like the Reezen had a smoother draw and was quieter than the Elite, and with the exact same setups it was 1-2 fps faster which I did not expect at all.

After shooting the Reezen at home with my Switchback XT, I feel like I'm shooting the same bow. Although the draw feels about 5-8 pounds heavier at the same poundage and it is just a little bit louder. But the draw cycle is similar to the XT, I prefer the back wall on the Reezen, and it's 30 fps faster.

There are lots of great bows available right now, but for me the Reezen 7.0 was the way to go this time around.

·
Sultan of Smack
5,729 Posts

Great review!! I have owned one since Jan. After adding the Dead End, I have found that the new HS isn't really needed. This is IMO, the best bow Mathews has come out with. Made me forget all about my 05 SB.

SCFox

·
Registered
59 Posts
Its the reezen i dont shoot bowtech products anymore. Got it 2 weeks ago and my brother told me today i couldnt robin hood his arrow well haha hes got one less arrow. never would have considered anything but bowtech but am very glad i lost that mentality this year and shoot 5 or 6 manuufactures and found the perfect bow for me

2009 mathews reezen 6.5 70# 27" draw qad rest hha sight

·
Registered
278 Posts
I tooh a few test shots out of a store model (bare bow, no stabilizer etc.) and thought it felt pretty good. I might order a 7.0 this year but i am waiting to see if next year bings a REEZEN LONG DRAW.

If mathews staff is reading this... HINT HINT..

1 - 20 of 35 Posts