Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what valley (i.e. bow has a short/long valley) and what backwall (i.e. bow has a soft/firm backwall) means? I want to become as proficeint in this stuff and so I don't look confounded when people or ads talk about this stuff. Thanks for the help.

·
In 'Da Head
24,266 Posts
Valley refers to the part of the draw cycle where the "let-off" kicks in and the length of the valley is how far you draw between the "let-off" and the back wall. The back wall refers to the point where the bow should be a full draw. A hard back wall means once the bow is at full draw and you try to pull more, it doesn't allow this. A soft back wall suggests that once the bow is at full draw there is a little flex past the wall. Make sense?

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your help on that DOC. It's good to have some teachers on here ;) I asked a guy at the shop the same question and he had no idea what I was talking about.

·
In 'Da Head
24,266 Posts
shadowdrak said:
Thanks for your help on that DOC. It's good to have some teachers on here ;) I asked a guy at the shop the same question and he had no idea what I was talking about.
I don't think I would let that guy press your bow.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts