Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Hucklebuck’s
14,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
who hunts with quiver on or off when hunting and why
i always take mine off i don't like the extra wt and always wonder about ballance but i need a new one and was thinking of a 2 piece my sight pushes the quiver mount out pretty far

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
If you go with a Tight Spot, you can do either.
It quickly dismounts, if that is your thing, but in a situation where you can't take it off, you can shoot easily with it on.

The thing that made me go with Tight Spot, was that I THOUGHT I would take it off when I was in a tree, and leave it on when I spot and stalk.
Turns out, you can't even tell it is there, so I almost never take it off.

·
Hucklebuck’s
14,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you go with a Tight Spot, you can do either.
It quickly dismounts, if that is your thing, but in a situation where you can't take it off, you can shoot easily with it on.

The thing that made me go with Tight Spot, was that I THOUGHT I would take it off when I was in a tree, and leave it on when I spot and stalk.
Turns out, you can't even tell it is there, so I almost never take it off.
how does it mount i have a kuickee 3 but my griz tricks don't fit in it
the kuickee mount sits way off the bow when mounted to my sight.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
how does it mount i have a kuickee 3 but my griz tricks don't fit in it
the kuickee mount sits way off the bow when mounted to my sight.
Look at the website.

I don't know about you particular sight, but the whole idea of the tight spot is to sit very close to the riser.
It has a good bit of adjustability. Mine actually touches my cable slide rod.

·
Registered
4,044 Posts

·
Classifieds Administrator
39,666 Posts
I always hunt with mine on while in a treestand because if you miss on the first shot and Mr. Big gives you a 2nd chance, its so much easier to get an arrow.

If you have it on a tree hanging, you might not be able to grab another arrow.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
I prefer take it off when I get to the stand, however, I do practice occasionally with it on just in case the situation calls for it :wink:

·
Registered
13,750 Posts
get an alpine, its light goes on and off easily no plastic clips to break or rattle, they also make a mount for the tree, the stand and the belt, so you can simply slip the quiver off if you want and secure it were you are,,, it also will reverse up or down and can be slid up or down in the mounting base, but will not slide on it's on or fall out, comes in several types of camo including basic black

·
Shootin and Cussin
26,422 Posts
Off.....

Unless you practice with it on the bow and loaded with arrows.

When I hunted, I used a hip quiver then took the belt off when I got in the stand. I'd wrap the belt around tree and I could position my quiver how ever I wanted it.

·
stay calm pick a spot
3,166 Posts
off i cant stand them on my bow as soon as i get where im going its hanging on a limb, i see you have a hoyt look into a fuse satori detachable quiver they are really nice.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.