Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A buddy wants to shoot an Axis 340 cut to 30 inches with a 4 inch wrap, three blazers, and a 100 grain point. Will the FOC be okay or is a 125 grain point necassary? Thanks.

·
Relocated Cajun
10,974 Posts
I think he will be fine...especially with them blazers...

I like alot of weight on the front of mine but I get overspined arrows so I can add the weight....

·
Registered
6,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm trying to figure out how the FOC is figured and what % is recommended so I can do this for myself next time. Can anyone explain how to do this? I know the lumenok for the axis is 27.4 grains, the 3 blazers will combine for a total of 15, the 4 inch wrap will be 5 for a total of the rear of 47.4 grains. The front will have the 100 grain head and I believe 16 grains for the insert. This is as far as I know how to take it. Thanks for the help.

·
Relocated Cajun
10,974 Posts
try this....

link

I am about to rig my arrows up at about 17-19% foc...gonna be sweet.. :)

I like the front to come down like a hammer :wink:

·
Registered
150 Posts
foc

measure from the nock where the string bottoms out and to insert at the other end. divide that number in half. then with the broadhead on the arrow just simply balance arrow on your finger and mark the balance point with a pencil. then measure from the insert to the balance point. take that measurement and subtract it from the number you originally divided in half. then take the number get from the subtraction and divide it by the over all number you first measure and that will give you the foc. some say 12 to 15 percent is good. some say 10 to 12 percent. i'm shooting 11.25 percent and have no problems

1 - 7 of 7 Posts