Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can get info on Thomson Center MLs? Specifically the Omega.

thanks

·
Registered
163 Posts
foxridgeoutfitters.com its thompsons factory store.

·
Live Free or Die!
8,575 Posts
I've got an Omega. I really like it. The encore and triumphs are easier to clean and load, but the Omega feels better in my hands. Shot two deer with it this year actually. They are good guns. I'd do some google searches for info, but you can buy em at alot of places. I got mine from Cabelas.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What I am wondering is what is the dif between the Z5 and the regular omega. I have seen the Omega and the z5 Omega.

thanks

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
I just found this on a muzzleloading forum....

I had a hard time finding out what the difference was between the Z5 and the other omega's. Thompson finally told me the sights on the Z5 are a little cheaper than the rest. Also the Z5 has a stainless steel breech.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks just what I needed to know.

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
No prob, good luck with that Omega.... it's a great mz rifle!

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had done some research some time ago and found that it patterns better than the Triumph at longer distances.

I want to get it before the season ends to try it out, but they only have the thumb hole stock at the stores around here. I shoot left handed.

guess I have to wait unless I could trade stocks with someone.

·
Registered
8,248 Posts
I had done some research some time ago and found that it patterns better than the Triumph at longer distances.

I want to get it before the season ends to try it out, but they only have the thumb hole stock at the stores around here. I shoot left handed.

guess I have to wait unless I could trade stocks with someone.
i don't buy that. i have the z5 as well. great gun. just like rifles, each muzzleloader will like a specific load more than another. i tried 3 different bullets and found the 240 gr hornady xtp shot the best of the three bullets i tried. gotta try different powders and bullets to find the best combo for your muzzleloader if you are real picky as far as how tight you want your groups.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts