Archery Talk Forum banner

Questions about 2005 Allegiance

486 Views 5 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  skitty4gzus
I have a chance to purchase a new 2005 Bowtech Allegiance, still has tags on it. Need some info about speed, smoothness of draw,etc. I have shot a 2006 at 72# and it felt more like 60#. Very smooth. Just curious how much different the 05 is. The bow Has 70# limbs. Thanks.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
83 Posts
2005 allegiance

I like mine so much i haven't purchased another bow to date. took a little practice to get used to the draw i shot hoyt for years and really liked them still have two but after shooting the allegiance i really felt what i can only describe as a mushy feeling in the hoyts draw and i was always annoyed by the string vibe. if you shoot light arrows it will be louder than some bows but if your shooting the same weight as someone elses bow side by side it'll be quieter with less hand shock and a lot faster plus it was the only bow back then that the speed matched the bc on the bow every other bow company i tried the speed rating was off by a minimum of 20fps from advertised i'm shure this is probably not the case today but back then there were a lot of 300fps bows that couldn't hit the 285 mark with my light arrows the only other bows i have thought of buying were the general because it was the complete diff design and i wanted it to use it when i was blind hunting but you can probably guess why that didn't happen i'm now waiting to try the 2009 bows

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The 2006 I shot had the speed mods and was as smooth as butter. It was also super quiet. If I am remembering correctly, the tag on the 2005 said that it was shooting 297fps with a 27in. draw. I believe the weight was 70.7. I don't think I can go wrong by buying the bow for $300.00. I might be able to get it cheaper. My dealer was in Montana hunting when I called him. He didn,t even know the bow was still there.

· Registered
211 Posts
'05 doesn't use interchangeable cam modules. you gotta get whole cams to change DL and I dont believe they had fast and smooth cams either.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.