Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I have a Hoyt fast flite super slam that I was just curious about. It has markings on the cams that say 2T and 2B, now I'm assuming the T and B mean top and bottom but I know that there are different kinds of cams that can be put on these particular bows. I was wondering if anybody knew which cams those were and also any specs on FPS possibly. It adjusts in weight from 70-100 lbs I shoot it at 70 with a 400 spine arrow at 8.3 gpi and 29 inches in length with a 29 inch draw. Any information that can be provided will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Again and Semper Fi.

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
2 cam has a specific draw length range for each bow, sorry not sure the range on that bow...70-100lbs? That is a huge range it is more likely that it is a max 70lb? 400 spine arrow is waaaaay underspined for that set up(too much flex) so new arrow are in order probably a 300 spine.

I would get to a pro shop for some help!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I was gonna try 340 spines and we cranked it up on draw weight and it went up to a 100lb draw I work in the archery department at bass pro and we set it up there and it blew all our minds it went up that high lol. But thank you for the response friend, it's been hard to find any info on it if you can find anything more I would greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I guess I'm showing my age because I know what you've got.

Your super slam has the #2 cam. The T is for top and the B for bottom. There's 3 post on the string side of the cam that will change the draw length. I think the #2 cam is 27-28-29". But that would assume that your cables and string are original or at least the correct length. On a bow that's 20+ years old I'd doubt either to be true.

The draw weight range will be in 15 lbs, like 55-70 or 65-80. You should not crank it up to 100. If it's going that high it most likely has a long string on it.

Regardless of spine be afraid of light weight arrows. Bows in the 80s were famous for breaking limbs. I wouldn't go under 8 grains per lb.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I appreciate that information it's definitely been a mystery since I've gotten the bow but I love the way it shoots it's a great bow and as it sits now the arrows are paper tuning beautifully, I think I may be just on the line of still getting performance and needing a new arrow with a stiffer spine. Do you know by any chance the rough FPS it should be producing I haven't had the chance to get it chronographed ( sorry for bad spelling haha). Again thank you much for the information.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts