Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I known that in hunting bows oftenly "conventional" sights share the sight holes in the riser, oftenly to use a mounting bracket which lets to quickly detach the quiver, as happens with the TightSpot models. I also known that a extender metal piece is available to help with clareance. Some brands do use propietary systems to specifically attach their quivers to the riser in both single and two piece quivers, as the Mathews Arrow Web HD and the Q-Lite or the Prime Sherpa. But my questions are:

* Is possible to attach quivers as the TighSpot to risers running dovetail sights as the Axcel Acheive or the HHA Tetra Tournament? Which adapters would require?
* Is a good idea to share the sight and quiver through the same screws? Would you say is practical and durable or could easily break apart in a slip in 3D or in hunting conditions?
* If a quiver is attached to the riser through specific anchor points, how would you rate single piece ones vs two piece? In your experience, you prefer a system which allows you to remove the quiver fast & easy or a more solid 2 piece anchoring which requires more time or maybe tools to be romoved?

I would like to read opinions and angles about that before making a purchase, any angle would be appreciated. Thanx in advance!

·
Registered
490 Posts
I have Spott Hog sights and have two Tight Spot quivers and they don't share the sight mounting holes with the quiver dovetail bracket. The sight has two holes closest to the archer for quiver brackets. I have a couple of older sights that are like this also but can't recall the brand. As far as quiver being removable or mounted solid to your bow, it depends on your hunting situations. I spot and stalk so quivers are on my bows at all times, practice and hunting. If you are going out to a stand ,many take the quiver off. I have experience with the Tree Limb 2 piece quiver and it is light,has adjustment in and away from bow. There is another thread in regards to riser mounted one piece quiver and Tree Limb makes a bracket to attach to your riser and you can attach a one piece quiver to it. Hope this helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts