Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my wife and I are both hunters and 3-d shooters and are thinking of getting into some paper shooting. I don't know much about it to tell the truth so I'll throw out a few basic (possibly stupid) questions. By the looks of what I've seen on these boards there seems to be a million variations on what distance or combination of distances you can shoot. Could someone shed some light on this please! How large are the ten rings at each distance? I've seen 18m FITA targets, but what size ten is used at 30?50?70?? I could probably rattle off questions for hours so why don't you fill me in on what you think would be good to know about paper shooting!! Thanks so much!
Chris

·
Registered
6,503 Posts
there are lots of differant shoots for indoor target. most 5 spots and vegas targets are shot at 20 yds. but with so many differant varations you should find out what tournys you want tot shoot and then practice just for them.
im sure a local indoor pro shop near you will have the info you need also . if they have an indoor target league this is a great way to find out about indoor target from other archers.

the vegas face 10 ring is 1 5/8 inches , also the X ring on a five spot is the same size .
the biggest tip i can give you is dont overaim trying to force that pin in the center of the circle. let it float and just concentrate on shooting perfect form.
Shoot Strong
Tony

1 - 3 of 3 Posts