Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to lock in a time and place to come to Africa particularly South Africa to hunt plains game with my bow. (Kudu, Eland, Gnu, Springbok, etc)

I have a few questions for those of you who are experienced African Hunters, PHs, and/or outfitters.

Does the phase of the moon have any effect on your game movement?
New Moon better than Full moon etc.

Do you have a preference geographically for where you feel game is the most prevelant or trophy quality is better? (ex. Big Whitetail country is Illinois, Wisconsin, Sasketchewan etc.)

Do you have any recommendations on an Outfitter that caters to bowhunters?
(Website, Email?)

Feel free to shoot me a PM if you prefer...I am looking for opinons based on your vast experience..not sales pitches or arguments.

Thanks in Advance.

· Registered
3,003 Posts
Hi DoeSayer,

if you not want to hunt by night on bushpig or other night active animals the moon phase is not so important, because the most animals come to the water by day.

· Registered
1 Posts
Doesayer - south african hunting safaris

Greetings,
we have a high caliber trophy hunting operation in the Kwa Zulu Natal region of South Africa (HUNTERS UK) catering for Bow and Rifle hunters where Kudu, Eland, Gnu, Springbok and more can be hunted. The hunt is managed by professional huntsmen and trackers. Four wheel drive vehicles and five luxury bush lodge accommodation is provided including all meals and transportationto and from the airport.

Best outfitters, I highly recommend Lloyd Houston:

Black Hawk Archery

Tel: +27 (0) 33 343 1442

Fax: +27 (0) 33 343 3041

Cell: + 27 (0) 83 325 4717

E-mail: [email protected]

Hope this helps,

Regards,
Mike Hancock.
HUNTERS UK

· Registered
70 Posts
The moon phases will have an impact on how active the animals will be during the day. For hunting out of a hide later in our hunting season is beter, because the veld/bush/grazing area will be very dry and animals will visit the hide more often to get to the food source.

· Registered
1,208 Posts
Book with Hunters UK

Greetings,
we have a high caliber trophy hunting operation in the Kwa Zulu Natal region of South Africa (HUNTERS UK) catering for Bow and Rifle hunters where Kudu, Eland, Gnu, Springbok and more can be hunted. The hunt is managed by professional huntsmen and trackers. Four wheel drive vehicles and five luxury bush lodge accommodation is provided including all meals and transportation to and from the airport.

Best outfitters, I highly recommend Lloyd Houston:

Black Hawk Archery

Tel: +27 (0) 33 343 1442

Fax: +27 (0) 33 343 3041

Cell: + 27 (0) 83 325 4717

E-mail: [email protected]

Hope this helps,

Regards,
Mike Hancock.
HUNTERS UK
Hi Doeslayer

Hope hancockmj has wet your appetite. KwaZulu Natal is definitely one of the best hunting areas (provinces) in South Africa - the scenery is one of a kind ! :secret:

Mike is our main-man booking agent - please liase directly with him regarding your trip

Hope to see you soon in sunny SA.

Spatan :cocktail:

· Registered
1,779 Posts
:chimpeep:If you plan on surfing, then you go hunting in Kwazulu Natal:wink: .. just kidding. There is some seriously awesome hunting happening in Natal.

Have a look at outfitters and destinations in the Limpopo Province as well. Here is a link to a well known and respected outfitter Zander Osmers in the area I live in. I can recommend them.

http://www.osmers.co.za/Zander_Osmers_Safaris/Welcome.html

· Registered
5 Posts
re: Great hunting in SA

Hi there.
One of the beter Bow hunting areas in SA will be Thabazimbi, and I had a great hunt wit one of my frends from the States at Limcroma Safaris.
They will see to all your needs. I realy recomend them.

· Registered
678 Posts
Don't waste your time with a minor league outfit. Especially for your first safari.

Try the following companies. They all have many, many years of bowhunting experience, some since 1977! They also have impeccable credentials and very long lists of references to check.

Just google them or send me a PM and I'll let you have their details:

Greater Kuduland Safaris
Bush Africa Safaris
Rhinoland Safaris
Ferroland Bowhunting
Johan Pieterse Safaris
Cheetah Safaris
Crusader Safaris
Melorani Safaris
Tshepe Safaris

Regards,

ASG

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.