Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how do you remove the glue from the shafts with out cutting through the carbon material of the shaft?

also how much carbon material shaved from removing the glue untill the arrow is not safe to shoot any longer?

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
I cut the fletching off just above the base and then I just hold the blade as flat as possible so it doesnt dig into the shaft. Just keep going over the shaft with a good razor until the shaft is smooth. I also seen on here last week that someone was using a pure copper scrubber to remove the glue off the carbon shafts. It looked like it worked pretty good. Hope it helps.

·
Registered
51,731 Posts
If your taking some carbon when removing the fletch then you have wrecked the arrow and not done it properly. Take them of close to the base as possible. The use acetone and wipe till clean to remove the glue.:)

·
Anti Fanboy
44,433 Posts
In addition to what has been said, I have found that a dull knife works best for me. Since I went to that a long time ago I have not gotten into the carbon fibers once.

·
My Elk Hunting Home
32,392 Posts
I just scrape the glue off with a utility knife at 90 degrees to the shaft. Been doing this with every arrow I have, and never had a problem with them. And I shoot a lot of groups, so I'm replacing vanes quite often.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts