Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(Little background story) Ok, so im completely new to multi-pin fiber-optic sights (Ive been using a recurve sight on both my recurve and compound), One of the coaches at my archery range recently loaned me a cheap 3-pin sight, and after trying it out, i went online and managed to find a sword twilight hunter for 65$ (might do a little more classified/ebay shopping :p). I just got the package in the mail 10 minutes ago, and upon inspecting the sight, it appears some of the fibers are broken (picture below) (rest of the sight is fine)

So im planning on replacing the broken fibers, and while im at it, i might aswell get some different colors

So my questions
1. What color setup do you like/use? (eg green-red-green-orange-green )
2. What brand of fiber do you like? (some archerytalk users suggested TruGlo, FiberOpticProducts, and Scott custom archery)
3. The brighter the pins the better, right?
4. Ive read that YELLOW pins are horrible for target shooting, is this true
5. Is blue any better than yellow?
6. Are some fibers more fragile than others?

Thanks for your time :)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Pic and bump (mainly pic)

·
Registered
3,302 Posts
If the sight is brand new, I'd return it for sure. If you want to replace the fiber optics (which would be a real pain with the sights I have, Tru Glo are very bright. I have an Apex (made by Tru Glo) and an old Tru Glo sight. Both have short fibers and both put my HHA with 5 feet of fiber to shame.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If the sight is brand new, I'd return it for sure. If you want to replace the fiber optics (which would be a real pain with the sights I have, Tru Glo are very bright. I have an Apex (made by Tru Glo) and an old Tru Glo sight. Both have short fibers and both put my HHA with 5 feet of fiber to shame.
nop, as mentioned above, i bought it for 65$, considering a 5 pack of fibers from most well known companies is ~10$, id say its a good enough deal not to return it (PS, the fibers cant be more than 6 inches long, inside a clear tube, how hard can it be :p )

but i will put tru glo on the list of considerations (ty)

·
Registered
455 Posts
Yup..yellow pin on gold target face... Bad. Seriously, color choice is personal. Avoid too many pins. The tight cluster of pins, say 10yd increments, will obstruct your view of the target.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts