Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a left hand insane cpxl black my dealer informed me yesterday that next week bowtech is going to start making some leftys, Now in the same breath he is asking me for money for the bow no set amount but I got the impression he want's me to pay for it up front. I have never had to order a bow before so I'm not sure how that is supposed to work I don't like the idea of paying for something I have never even seen. His excuse for why 3 weeks after I placed the order is that "Man I gotta pay bowtech next week" So I am not sure just what to say or do about that. And further more he claimed when I agreed to buy the bow that he already had that bow on order any how as a invintory bow! And as long as I am asking questions does any one know if there is an up charge for black on this bow? because he is claiming that there was and he got it waived. thanks and sorry for the long post.

·
Shootin and Cussin
23,569 Posts
You should, at least, pay his cost on the bow before it is ordered.

I'm not sure of the up-charge for black but the dealer has a price and you either accept it or not.

·
Banned
1,772 Posts
My dealer makes you put down a $100 deposit when you order the bow. As far as the upcharge I don't think so. I know the assassin there was a $50 upcharge for black ops. So there might be.....

I have a right hand cpxl on order....

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well that helps answer my questions thanks guys.

·
Registered
10,111 Posts
Yes there is an upcharge on color bows.
But sometimes if you are a big high volume dealer you can get that charge waived. Sometimes

I also have bows on order but when someone pays me for the bow up front they get their bows first over the guys that want to wait.
If you want to wait till the bows are in stock then do that, he may or may not have a lefty available.

I actually have a waiting list for guys that want the Insanitys, the guys that paid up front will get theirs first, the guys who didn't will have to see what's left.

·
Registered
50,331 Posts
Up charge for black---yes. Deposit is not unreasonable to ask. Especially it being left handed as if you don't take it there are few people that shoot left handed and his money is tied up on the shelf and they can not send it back to the company if you back out.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I feel your pain. I too ordered my first Brand New bow this year (PSE Supra). The one thing you have to remember, the major bow manufacturers dont usually (dont know why) stock the left hand bows, let alone the ones they just released less than a month ago. Heck my Supra was off the shelf specs... and i've been waiting a month. And you have to remember, if you want the newest toys, sometimes you have to wait in line to get them. And yes, some manuf. do have up charges for certain colors... its up to the dealer to pass the charges onto you if they need to. In closing, just be patient. Keep the positive attitude about how much your gonna love shooting the new bow, check with your dealer at least once a week on status of the bow, sit back and enjoy a cold beverage.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts