Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Archers Advantage uses AMO (Length to pivot point +13/4") draw length, right?

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So is that a yes or a no? Smarta$$!:p ;)

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
NO - you need to enter true draw for AA to calculate an actual power stroke. Not an artificially inflated number.

Sean

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Doesn't matter where you measure it to as long as you measure both the draw length and brace height to teh same point. AA is trying to figure out the power stroke which is draw length - brace height to AA.

--Bob

·
Registered
506 Posts
And the cookie goes to Bob H despite teh fact that he kant spel...

Good Shooting!

Perry

·
Registered
6,639 Posts
Yeah, and since the definition of brace height is the shortest distance measured from the throat of the grip to the bowstring guess what draw length is needed for Perry's AA program (give you a hint, its not the AMO draw length, lol ;)!). I know Bob's definition per Perry's instructions is correct, but get real Perry, who measures their brace height any other way, lol :p ! Should just tell people what draw to measure for the program and be done with all these questions, lol :D!

>>---------->

·
Registered
6,639 Posts
Gary, first off, just goes to show when I last updated my AA program, lol! Secondly, everyone knows real men don't follow directions anyways, lol! Still confusing when the draw length is requested, unless you happen to catch the pretty blue footnote explaining where to measure to. In fact, I'd re-word it and just flat out say measure draw length from throat of grip to bowstring since there is no "how-to" blue highlight listed for measuring brace height. Too confusing for those of us that are not mechanically minded, lol :D!

>>-------->

·
Registered
506 Posts
The only way I can see to fix the problem is to create an animated hammer that comes out and hits the user over the head each time you click on the Draw Length Box. :D

I added the tips box at the bottom of each page for just this purpose. I then changed the color of the tip box to make sure it wasn't missed.

The instructions are also available by selecting Help or pressing F1 while on nearly every control in the program. I know it's too much to ask anyone to look at the manual, but there are many ways to get the instructions without leaving the program.

Please don't ask me to change Draw Length to AMO. Having inconsitent versions out there would be an even greater nightmare.

As Bob H said, its really quite simple. Just measure brace height & draw length the same. I for one do not use the throat of the grip to do my measurements. I prefer to measure brace height & draw length to where my arrow touches the arrow rest.

Good Shooting!

Perry

·
Registered
6,639 Posts
"I prefer to measure brace height & draw length to where my arrow touches the arrow rest."

Now you're just being plain obnoxious Perry, lol :p :D ! And yes, I understand that the calculated power stroke will be the same using your quoted method above vs. measuring the "real" brace height and "true" draw length ;)!

Help button, F1, what the heck are those keys, lol :p !

>>------->

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Oh come on Perry, I spell fine, well at least I had all the right letters, just one of my hands works faster than the other (amazing how often I spell the like teh)

at least I knew how to use your program ;)

--Bob

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Sound baby!

Perry you should just add an Audio pop up feature to go along with the the tip box. That would be best...as long as it doesn't sound like my wife I'll listen to it right away!:D Ken

1 - 13 of 13 Posts